I am having trouble getting my hot end fan to run even though MainSail says it is running at 100%?

Mike2022

Question

I have a Trident with a octopus pro board. I am having trouble getting my hot end fan to run even though MainSail says it is running at 100%. I tried moving the fan to different pins in the printer config and on the board but the pins will not activate , no power or green light. The part cooling fan is working fine. any ideas?

2 answers to this question

On 6/8/2022 at 3:52 AM, Mike2022 said:

I have a Trident with a octopus pro board. I am having trouble getting my hot end fan to run even though MainSail says it is running at 100%. I tried moving the fan to different pins in the printer config and on the board but the pins will not activate , no power or green light. The part cooling fan is working fine. any ideas?

Attache directly to 24V and see if fan activates. If not as @claudermilk suggest, it may be the fan. Could be the board, therefor try direct connection to 24V (if it is a 24V Fan)