Upcoming Projects, come share your next build!

Fabreeko_Hector

Just now, PFarm said:

@mvdveer Very cool ride! What year? Didn't mean to turn this into a car post but love them thanks for sharing! 

1998 Carrerra (996). (Manual 6speed gearbox off course) 6cyl, 3.4l First of the water-cooled engines in the 911 production cars. They had a water-cooled track car - 935model in 1978 (Moby Dick) as well as the 959 in 1986, which had a water/air cooled motor. The fully water-cooled race car was the 962C that won Le Mans in 1986 and 1987.

As you can see, I not only mod printers.......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

1998 Carrerra (996). (Manual 6speed gearbox off course) 6cyl, 3.4l First of the water-cooled engines in the 911 production cars. They had a water-cooled track car - 935model in 1978 (Moby Dick) as well as the 959 in 1986, which had a water/air cooled motor. The fully water-cooled race car was the 962C that won Le Mans in 1986 and 1987.

As you can see, I not only mod printers.......

That is awesome love the older Euro cars, I'm restoring a 1991 VW Corrado G60. Keeping the G60 since everyone does the VR6 swap! Modding cars has always been a passion of mine. Got back into it later in life when kids got older and I was no longer driving a minivan 😜

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 1

Update on my Artillery Stealthburner conversion. Put together a ghetto enclosure made with two boxes. Printers are in my work shed and far from the house if something goes side ways. My Sparta3D ABS came in today so can start printing Voron parts shortly. Odsidian Black and Cloud Gray yes it show my age not into loud colours. 

Just now, atrushing said:

I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon..

Unfortunately it had an 'altercation' on on an icy road and didn't survive..

Thanks for sharing, my son buddy has one I've had the pleasure of driving it. We swap the TTRS for the Z on a cruise to a car show we both enjoyed the opportunity. Sad 😪 that it got totalled!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atrushing said:

You don't really understand something until you've taken it apart and put it back together with your own hands..

@atrushingTotally agree I've been in the service industry all my life, you need to understand how it work or the sequence of operation of whatever you're modding or repairing. Doing so without that knowledge can lead to disaster. People that are willing to guide you through what you don't know is what makes forums like this shine!

• Like 1

Its good we keep the favorite branding very spread...  I used to drive this BMW 435 Xdrive tuned to 410bhp, 3.2L v6. Loved this car, so forgiving when making a mistake, going into a turn just a little too much, or just driving German highway with 300Km/h ++ absolute beast.

But now im driving full electric, with petrol prices in the Netherlands... its just a no brainer. Driving a KIA EV6 GT line. yeah... it aint spectacular, but its very good car to my surprise.

image.thumb.jpeg.5d71d3e9dd635083fbccf3d2a508bd49.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aef5652b083bf0fc391eec3e6a655f0c.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm feeling left out. I used to drive one of these (third car I ever owned):

Corolla-estate.thumb.jpg.f70d344b87715dfde71799c9ed40302b.jpg

A 1.3-Litre (79 cu inches) Toyota Corolla Estate. You could get bags of stuff in it. I blew the exhaust manifold on it (it was old) when I got it to 100ish (going down hill).

According to Toyota it was "Harvest Gold" to any sane person it was Beige.

Like @Buurman today I'm 100% electric (far cheaper than petrol but makes the leccy bill eye watering).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, atrushing said:

Unfortunately it had an 'altercation' on on an icy road and didn't survive..

Painful, good thing you got out yourself... but I love this Nissan, such a great model and good car!

2 hours ago, smirk said:

A 1.3-Litre (79 cu inches) Toyota Corolla Estate

Always showing off.... 😛 oh, I think my first car was a VW Jetta, no not the cool GOLF... the Jetta! 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, PFarm said:

@claudermilk Very nice another car enthusiast I see, which track?

California Speedway, using the sports car course--2/3 of the oval plus the infield road course. 

17 hours ago, mvdveer said:

OK, I don't leave it anywhere - gets driven - what it's made for 😁

tIMG_2858.thumb.jpeg.7ffbe2b2e580b007eba4eba6788da112.jpeg

I'm completely jealous. My dad had a 924 then 944 and I've always lusted after a 911.

I haven't left one of my cars completely alone since a long time ago. Even the family Fusion got an upgraded rear sway bar. The "worst" is the project car my brother in law and I collaborated on.: a '73 Pinto Runabout into which we crammed a 351W out of a Galaxy 500 (honest, we thought it was a 302 HO out of a Mustang until the intake manifold didn't fit); it was quite a learning experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buurman said:

think my first car was a VW Jetta, no not the cool GOLF

The jetta was great, I always think the Mark-1 Golf looks ridiculous tiny and boxy. My first car was a 1.6L Vauxhall Cavalier (Mark-1) SSX 466V. Always makes me laugh how Vauxhall pretend to be a great British company (bought by GM in 1925, everything engineered by Opel in Germany since the 1980s which to be fair is probably why the wheels did not fall off things. [Nationalised] Brits make some awful cars.)

If we were writing a top gear episode, clearly we'd need the boys trying to build a Voron 2.4 in the back  of a Dodge RAM SRT or Ford F150 as it burled around Nürburgring. No doubt they'd fit some sort of Napalm based enclosure heater mod.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, atrushing said:

I wonder what affect it would have on input shaping..

Might be an interesting way of testing your vehicles suspension. Clearly, being old, the speed test is not for me. My daughter was reminding me how old only yesterday "You drive really slow. You used to drive fast, you used to scare me". The pride in my safe driving was only tinged by the thoughts of past child endangerment and trauma.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2022 at 11:02 AM, Buurman said:

I am using brass right now.. what?? not hard enough?? 😛 I realize I need to put in a new one after every print possibly 😉

These are on the way.. honey!! 😛 really.. 50 bucks a nozzle is cheap dear!! ...

image.png.f9aff814228afbf822886e214bd9b4c0.png

PS. now printing Extrudr ASA CARBON with the West3D 0.6 and seems to work nicely on my now carbon dedicated V0 machine. 😉

I love that Amazon send me 3 carbon spindles instead of normal black, I mean good mistake, they are twice as expensive.

22 hours ago, smirk said:

The jetta was great, I always think the Mark-1 Golf looks ridiculous tiny and boxy. My first car was a 1.6L Vauxhall Cavalier (Mark-1) SSX 466V. Always makes me laugh how Vauxhall pretend to be a great British company (bought by GM in 1925, everything engineered by Opel in Germany since the 1980s which to be fair is probably why the wheels did not fall off things. [Nationalised] Brits make some awful cars.)

If we were writing a top gear episode, clearly we'd need the boys trying to build a Voron 2.4 in the back  of a Dodge RAM SRT or Ford F150 as it burled around Nürburgring. No doubt they'd fit some sort of Napalm based enclosure heater mod.

It would be interesting/terrifying to see how the boys would "yobbo-ize" a Voron.

BTW, I know when I hit the corner right when I hear a "weee!" from the back seat. 😆

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

So... I better brag a bit about my stable of horses... shouldn't I?

My two dailies...

An f31 340I //M with around 460hp...

And a MRS with a 2ZZ On it...

And lastly our track hack... A 695kg mx5 with a bog std engine that is a giant killer!!

I used to have some race cars in the garage, but apparently im growing up and all the faff involved mantaining race spec high reving forged engines is too much right now!

FB_IMG_1670781932853.jpg

FB_IMG_1670781947769.jpg

FB_IMG_1670781953791.jpg

• Like 3

Coming back around to the original intent of this thread (sorry for encouraging the tangent), my planned update/upgrade list has been growing.

Now on the docket for after the holidays:

• Tap
  • Rebuild Stealthburner with release parts since I'm in there anyway.
  • Add ERCF style filament sensor to SB replacing RefillPlease
  • Swap in Rainbow Barf logo LED
  • ramalama2 front idlers (I have the belts all torn apart anyway, right?)
  • Rewire gantry using hartk 2-piece PCB & (maybe) LDO breakout.
  • Possibly add second rear gantry-mounted webcam.

Edit: Ok, add a V0 to the list. I'm doing serious research and planning now. Likely a LDO S1 kit. This will be a slow boil project.

• Like 3