Upcoming Projects, come share your next build!

Fabreeko_Hector

Hello Everyone! 

We wanted to open a thread where we can share our current builds and see what you guys are working on. Hopefully we can all discover some new and exciting mods or projects to keep up busy!

in progress builds:

1) Micron 160 

2) v-core3 200mm (beta testing)

3)budget 2.4 

4) annex K3

What are you working on? 

Edited by Fabreeko_Hector

• Fabreeko_Hector changed the title to Upcoming Projects, come share your next build!
17 hours ago, Fabreeko_Hector said:

Hello Everyone! 

We wanted to open a thread where we can share our current builds and see what you guys are working on. Hopefully we can all discover some new and exciting mods or projects to keep up busy!

in progress builds:

1) Micron 160 

2) v-core3 200mm (beta testing)

3)budget 2.4 

4) annex K3

What are you working on? 

build a Voron 0 - self sourced parts, Converted a Tronxy X5sa to a VZBot, now printing parts for a Voron2.4r2 with rabbit feeder. (all self sourced parts have arrived - some even from Fabreeko, though the postage to Oz can be a deterrent.

• 2 months later...

Just sold a fully build Vonon 2.4 R2, so tomorrow a new kit is shipped from Szech and will be building another Voron 2.4 R2.

Dragon SF (I think Afterburner, or a Stealthburner with different extruder than the CW2)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Buurman said:

Just sold a fully build Vonon 2.4 R2, so tomorrow a new kit is shipped from Szech and will be building another Voron 2.4 R2.

Good on you. Looking forward to the build diary. You'll be an expert at this and should consider publishing tutorials on how to build a Voron

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, (first post here) I'm building a Voron 2.4 R2 (from a Fysetc 2.4 R1 kit).  Nothing much to report yet, just working my way through the manual when I get the time.  I'm loosely documenting the build with pics on my blog, and planning a few mods to make maintaining the Pi a bit easier, and maybe a couple other things.  Also working on a belted Z conversion for my CR10S Pro, which I remixed from KevinAKASam's design for the Ender3 (that is planned for after I get the Voron built though).

• 1 month later...

Too many...

1. Ender 5 to Mercury one + Hydra + 275mm bed conversion
  2. E3D toolchanger
  3. Voron 2.4 350mm
  4. Doomcube Micron 180
  5. Doomcube/Ezbake Trident (just double-insulated and hot)
  6. Ender 3 to corexy build (re-using as many components as possible, but likely not able to use most of the extrusion). This was one of my original modded printers so I have a lot of rails, motors, and electronics to take from it
  7. Raise3D Pro3 Overhaul. This printer is awful for the price - slow, loud, awful software - so I want to add some noise deadening so that it is at least tolerable. Not quite as loud as A4988's or similar, but almost comparable.  

Just finishing up my first V0.1 with stealthburner mini/orbiter 2. fried the BTT board so thats all I need to replace to get going on tuning.

Starting up a new Voron V2.4R2 for myself, will have some custom things, will start a diary if you guys aint bored of me yet 😛 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buurman said:

will start a diary if you guys aint bored of me yet

Oh Yeah - start one - looking forward to it. Bored with a build diary - NEVER. Don't even try and use that as an excuse to get out of it!! I have a Trident 350 and Voron 2.4 250 formbot kits, but also thinking of a BoxZero - got the 300mm 1515 extrusions today.(Have all the other parts in "spares") Will start a build diary  after you finish yours so I can get some tips on mods, etc 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Extrudr Carbon to print properly

Getting better by the post. Got a good nozzle for it, and a spare - you never know... Honey, this carbon is a nozzle killer - I need a couple of spares

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Buurman said:

These are on the way.. honey!! 😛 really.. 50 bucks a nozzle is cheap dear!! ...

Like your style, maybe because it sounds like my excuse. And this is what I get in return ---->   🤨😠

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Never too many planned projects. An excuse to acquire that part that might just come in handy...😁

Heh, less so planned and more "ooh the new parts came in for Y build, lets pause X build to work on that because that sounds more fun than solving X's issue." Rinse and repeat...

The 2.4 went on hold because my cabling (had to make the wire harness myself) was a mess and I wanted to rip it out given the new CAN boards...but wiring was a pain so I went to finish my trident...from which I realized that a single rail, a lightweight X beam, and Ti backers would be nice on the V2.4...and if I was going that route then I might as well turn this into a high temp voron (doomcube, active heating, liquid cooled hotend/AB steppers)....but then that needed a new afterburner mount for the liquid mosquito magnum+....and since I was there I might as well upgrade the extruder to Galileo or a sherpa...which also would be nice if I printed the parts out of HTN on the trident....but oooh shiny, a dedicated machine (Mercury One / Doom Micron) for work would be nice....and so on. I'll skip the tangent about the Prusa XL release, toolchangers, idex printers, refurbing Ultimaker S5s and getting the E3D toolchanger and the Raise3D Pro3 (which, by the way, SUCKS! Wish I could return it, or go back in time and tell myself to avoid that company like the plague).

Funnily enough, despite all this need to mod, I've somehow had the clairvoyance and/or discipline to NOT touch my MK3S. The thing has been with me through a handful of moves and besides an upgrade to a DDX/Mosquito upgrade has remained completely untouched. The thing is bullet proof. Not the fastest machine or the coolest but good 'nuff for 70% of my prints. 

23 hours ago, smirk said:

What?! Wait?! There's a 0.2? Waaaa.....I haven't even finshed my latest 0.1!

Well...it's at soon(tm) stage. I'm using that to keep myself from jumping in right now. I know it's coming, but not out yet. Wonder what the Voron Live this Saturday will reveal? 🤔

21 hours ago, yeet prime said:

Funnily enough, despite all this need to mod, I've somehow had the clairvoyance and/or discipline to NOT touch my MK3S. The thing has been with me through a handful of moves and besides an upgrade to a DDX/Mosquito upgrade has remained completely untouched. The thing is bullet proof. Not the fastest machine or the coolest but good 'nuff for 70% of my prints. 

There's a reason Prusa are popular. I've left my Mini+ mostly alone. Just upgraded the hotend to a Revo Micro (originally on the Trident) and upgraded "antler" cooling duct mount. Swapped X axis bits to ABS.

• 2 weeks later...

As I mentioned in my intro I have 4 Artillery X1s, all four will be getting Stealthburner installed on them. @smirk modding is a disease either its printers or cars! Oh yeah I've got that bug as well I just can't seem to leave anything stock 😉 This summer was adding bit and pieces of carbonfiber in my engine bay. Got a 2.4R2 on the way and looking forward to building and modding that as well.

6A26A677-D4F0-4CA7-B857-7FCF1F817718.jpeg

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 1