Region Exclude for Mainsail/Klipper?

Buurman

Question

More of a Klipper/Mainsail  question than slicer, but hope its ok here....

I am really missing the Region Exclude plugin from Octoprint in Mainsail, they have a nice Gcode preview, but no way to exclude something there.

This is of course very usefull with a full plate where one item fails (comes from plate, etc) so you can exclude it, and print can continue without printing filament in the air...and making a mess... maybe even failing everything.

There is this dude here saying he is using in in beta and should be released, still cannot find it, not in release notes, anything.
Is this guy full of bullshit, or am I just a freaking idiot and looking in the wrong places 😛 hahaha!

Hope someone can help!

38 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Github noob again...
I can update the executable from here, thats not the issue, but how do I "update" the rest? sorry, Linux and Github aint my strongpoint..

I like to believe I have other qualities, just cant think of one right now 😛 

Just now, Buurman said:

Github noob again...
I can update the executable from here, thats not the issue, but how do I "update" the rest? sorry, Linux and Github aint my strongpoint..

I like to believe I have other qualities, just cant think of one right now 😛 

Still searching as I can't get it working on OSX. Tried asking in Discord but got slammed - just told to use new binaries and repos. Will let you know when I get an answer. Would just stay with what is working at present if I were you. As a fellow Dutchie, I belief you may have some superb qualities. 🙂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Buurman said:

Yet, it seems to work perfectly for me..... saved me a few times already...

OK, good to hear. I'll take more of a look in a bit. Right now I'm dialing my Prusa Mini back in after swapping the Revo Micro from the Trident over to it nad having gained all the tuning knowledge from setting up the Trident. I only want to try to break one printer at a time. 😜

Resurrecting this since it's front of my mind right now. I had some trouble printing a full plate of filament clips and this came back to mind (if only I had it to exclude the one failed clip on a plate of 60+!). I bit the bullet and fully updated my install which I've been putting off since the LED libraries and z-calibration apparently had some possibly breaking changes. In the end those worked fine, I only borked my Moonraker somehow and had to reinstall from the command line.

Anyway, I got the object exclusion all set up and am playing with it. So far it's mostly working. I have a job running that shows the objects defined in the Gcode PReview on Fluidd and I can exclude them. The issue I've run into is the preprocess_exclude.exe call in Print Settings post processing script causes an error to be thrown when I upload to the printer. It seems to be having trouble loading the temp file.

SuperSlicer has encountered an error

Failed starting the script preprocess_cancellation.exe
<%TEMP%>\.SuperSlicer.upload.<GUID>, Win32 error. 2

If I do another upload, it then uploads. When printing that file it does show the regions, and hey, look at that! It actually works! 

Exclude object is no incorporated in klipper. Easy to set up:

In printer.cfg add

[exclude_object]

In moonraker.conf

[file_manager]
# post processing for object cancel. Not recommended for low resource SBCs such as a Pi Zero. Default False 
enable_object_processing: True

Then just enable it in the slicer. "Label Objects" and "Exclude objects"

See here

• Like 1