The Rig - Universal Electronics Testing Lab

PFarm

The Din rails came in today and the on/off switch. @Penatr8tor everything fit properly the switch popped right in, heard the tabs click. One of the rails was longer than the other three so had to trim that down. I went a slightly different route securing the ends to the din rails, drilled and tapped the din rail for an M3 screw, used a M3 washer and M3x8 screw to secure the rail to the ends.

IMG_2202.thumb.JPG.c33a89ae355bcfecc631a845eba44b92.JPG

IMG_2204.thumb.JPG.4b8d8db63900bd925cd8fcaa250a6ae4.JPG

IMG_2201.thumb.JPG.036044991d443557a81a6a61ae3c4cdb.JPG

• Like 2

On 4/16/2024 at 5:10 AM, mvdveer said:

Fitting out the components - it's like a jigsaw puzzle

IMG_6372.thumb.png.0c264f92beb22e22b475ca1192b56f2a.png  IMG_6369.thumb.png.c48a245fcb20c095015a9c902f393240.png

That is soooo cool. I have some steppers too. I think we need a cool Endstop panel with momentary switches and some 3D printed flags for the steppers. Maybe a toolhead mount.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

That is soooo cool. I have some steppers too. I think we need a cool Endstop panel with momentary switches and some 3D printed flags for the steppers. Maybe a toolhead mount.

I've printed these stepper flags.  Like the idea of endstop board.

Stepper Flag

IMG_2205.thumb.JPG.534faa1ab6ad2124e68f673c9b1ac467.JPG

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got it powered up and had an SKR-2 motherboard flash it with Klipper, BTT Pi. Need to complete the stepper motors, end-stops, screen and U2C.

IMG_2207.thumb.JPG.b3edaef50945d8bb329abab0c301d66f.JPG

Screenshot2024-04-19at4_53_58PM.thumb.png.17ed698afca452faf36a1997e88d2258.png

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 1

Come on sing along:

🎶Why oh why Delilah......🎶

🎶 Let's print again, like we did last summer....🎶 (It's winter weather in Australia)

🎶Don't worry - be happy...🎶

• Haha 5

Got to get rid of some leftover filament mate! 😄 Wifey gets upset if I buy nice new filament with half rolls lying around 😅

Actually, building a second one for a friend. And want to see if the new design is much of an improvement or more of a hassle over the other.

I, personally will be using the one I build from the @Penatr8tor design as it works and I am very happy with it. Still working on a JST panel for easy switching of components for testing, Fans, thermistors, etc

IMG_6586.thumb.png.c7c46adc066abb4af5f34e7f87cb6d64.png

(Ignored the mess in the back )

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 3:25 PM, mvdveer said:

(Ignored the mess in the back )

"Mess". Yeah I see it.

So is the thought to get all the software working on the boards then pop it into the printer? Are the motors and such going to stay mounted or get installed? Or is the only thing coming off the MCU?

(Just curious how everyone plans on using it.)

3 hours ago, zav3nd said:

"Mess". Yeah I see it.

So is the thought to get all the software working on the boards then pop it into the printer? Are the motors and such going to stay mounted or get installed? Or is the only thing coming off the MCU?

(Just curious how everyone plans on using it.)

Using it to flash boards - canbus and Usb. Testing klipper configs, connections. When new klipper upgrade is released - Upgrading this first to see if it causes issues, then printers, All components are interchangeable, thus new motors can be plugged in to ensure correct wiring, etc before mounting in printer. Had a home made one before this - this is better, for example the board is mounted on a "clip on mount". The mount stays on the rail, a different controller board can be installed and tested. Same for raspi, etc

• Like 2