Next Build?

2 hours ago, TitusADuxass said:

Yes, the kit from Mellow

You won't be disappointed. They've been working on the build guide and it's gotten better.

What size did you get? the 330?

...and the most burning question. What color?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TitusADuxass said:

330 in black.

You probably already saw my build... I used pickup truck bed liner for the raw aluminum panels, a decision I'm glad I made. I highly recommend this route if you want the panels to also be black. Of course vinyl wrap could also be a consideration or leave it raw.

Edited by Penatr8tor
Forgot something...
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Penatr8tor said:

You probably already saw my build... I used pickup truck bed liner for the raw aluminum panels, a decision I'm glad I made. I highly recommend this route if you want the panels to also be black. Of course vinyl wrap could also be a consideration or leave it raw.

I've got no chance of sourcing truck bed liner, we don't do trucks in Germany. 

On my v2 I have some ACM panels (Dilite) and the rear one is dual sided (matt/gloss) black. I'll probably do the same.

Edited by TitusADuxass
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, TitusADuxass said:

I've got no chance of sourcing truck bed liner, we don't do trucks in Germany. 

On my v2 I have some ACM panels (Dilite) and the rear one is dual sided (matt/gloss) black. I'll probably do the same.

Yeah, If I had to do it over, I would probably make my own ACM panels to replace the aluminum ones. Especially since you could use the alum panels as a template.

Edited by Penatr8tor
Forgot something...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

I used pickup truck bed liner for the raw aluminum panels, a decision I'm glad I made. I highly recommend this route if you want the panels to also be black. 

I'm planning to build an enclosure for the Milo 1.5, using 6mm good one-side plywood panels for the sides and back panels. I plan to use a truck bed liner like you did to protect the plywood that stuff is tough!

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2024 at 4:25 AM, TitusADuxass said:

I feel the need - again!

I think I need another printer - I have a 2.4 and a 0.1, but I love building these things, so I am looking for my next project. Do I keep it in the Voron way and go for a Trident,or do I try something different? So Ladies & Gents of this fine establishment - your thoughts please.

What about the Hevort?  Its pretty spendy but crazy fast 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2024 at 4:25 AM, TitusADuxass said:

I feel the need - again!

I think I need another printer - I have a 2.4 and a 0.1, but I love building these things, so I am looking for my next project. Do I keep it in the Voron way and go for a Trident,or do I try something different? So Ladies & Gents of this fine establishment - your thoughts please.

I think we have now entered the era where the only reason to build a printer is to have somethnig you can't buy ready-made.  The off-the-shelf printers are very good and now cost less than building a kit.

Maybe buikd a printer that does full RGB color mixing or IDEX or tool changing or even "all of the above".  What to build depends on if you are printing artwork or funtional parts.

Things have changed a whole lot in the last two years--all the time I've been involved in the hobby. However, another reason for building a printer--and likely the one most of us are here for--is because it's fun. You don't scratch the builder/tinkerer itch if you just buy a Bambu, Sovol, or similar.

• Like 3