voron 2.4 parametric fusion 360

hello guys, crazy guy here again. i did a parametric project of voron 2.4r2, for now just the frame and everything needed to change the profile from 2020 to 4040.

first the parametric common commands, there is a modifier, if you put 3, it's exactly as voron manual asks for, 1 and 2 changes position of the profile, i believe some people might have shorter pieces and would want to build it differently. then we have the build volume, and this will change both projects accordingly 4040 will be a bit bigger on the outside, but inside will be exactly the same.

there are other parameter to change like bed size, distance between bed supports, types of screws and so on. for 4040 i had to change Z_belt drive, and Z iddler, but i decided to keep M5. for rail i changed for mgn12 for 4040, but 4040 can accept up to mgn20, i just didn't use the mgn20 because i was afraid that i woud need to change motors, as it might add unnecessary friction.

also at which point should i go with a bigger belt, my aim is about 500x500, or even just using a 4040 on a 350x350 build, that i already have the 4040 and will have more stiffnes, also would it be fine to still use 2020 for the gantry, at which point would i need a bigger profile for gantry

can someone look up into the changes i made into Z_belt drive and z_iddler, i want to be sure that the alterations i did was enough, also i am thinking in doing a little more offset and clear the corners that way i could make a feet with 4040,

i made this project yesterday, so it might have some problems.

and would the community be interested in the full parametric project ?, i am willingly to do it, with all panels and movements in the main gantry but at same time, if i am the only interested in have this type of project there is no reason whatsover.

this is the only way i found to upload the file 0.o

i do want a 500x500 corexy printer, and i -oh, so very much- love the voron project, and always wanted to have one, but i do have 4040 profiles with me already that i think even the 350x350 build would benefit from.

is there any other good 500x500 fast 3d printer that i should look for

or should i just give up, and buy a LDO 350x350 with aluminum kit and call it a day?

i really think that a 4040 profile voron with mgn20 on the z rails would really work, but again i might be wrong, i appreciate any responses for the crazy guy in here.

link was bad try this one

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MSahTvUQIwrQkvO_aNOcR10y7Ub9wUdN/view?usp=sharing

Edited by PorcoMaster
profane language removed - nice post!
  • Like 1
  • Voron FTW! 2

Hey Porco, welcome aboard. I admire your enthusiasm, ahem.. ; )

Nice of you to share that F360 file. The link is a dud but you may upload it directly here if you wish. Using 4040 extrusions with 20mm rails should make a very sturdy base for an extended Voron, though IMO the gantry might be too weak at that length to expect high speed printing but maybe with 2040 beams or titanium stiffeners... just throwing ideas. Larger size printing does come with it's own set of challenges. My printer is a 2.4 350x350x700 and it's structure comes from the enclosure that's made of 6mm glass bonded to the extrusions to form a stiff and heavy box. : tall boy

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Simon2.4 said:

Nice of you to share that F360 file. The link is a dud but you may upload it directly here if you wish. Using 4040 extrusions with 20mm rails should make a very sturdy base for an extended Voron, though IMO the gantry might be too weak at that length to expect high speed printing but maybe with 2040 beams or titanium stiffeners... just throwing ideas. Larger size printing does come with it's own set of challenges. My printer is a 2.4 350x350x700 and it's structure comes from the enclosure that's made of 6mm glass bonded to the extrusions to form a stiff and heavy box. : tall boy

Hey man thanks very much for this fast response, i just posted the file again on my own drive, file is 64mbs so it was impossible to post in here directly, thanks for the heads up, i am working in the belt drive again, i want to make the feet directly on the profile, so i want to move the whole belt 40-80 mm to the left.

i don't care much about height, but more about size on the sides, and i really want speed, i do have a highly modified cr-10s pro, so many alterations 0.o, and i also have a orange storm giga to come in the future, but i really need a faster printer, so i will think about the gantry i was expecting it to withstand the extra size, but i like the idea of using a 2040 to the gantry, problem would be the extra weight added making the problem in the speed again, also, would not the 20mm rails make everything a little bit stiffer would the motor be able to run it ?

maybe i just keep it at 350x350x350 but i use my 4040, still brainstorming ideas

also should i aim to a 9mm belt instead of 6 ?, i would need to change a lot of files, but it would be feasible.

Edited by PorcoMaster

nah, 6mm belts are plenty, given that there are 2 of them doing the work most of the time.

An idea I had for a stiff "X" beam could be a 20x1mm carbon square tube with an 18x1mm round tube inside.

Also, I use a 0.6mm nozzle with arachne slicing; that speeds up the prints without speeding up the printer.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Simon2.4 said:

nah, 6mm belts are plenty, given that there are 2 of them doing the work most of the time.

An idea I had for a stiff "X" beam could be a 20x1mm carbon square tube with an 18x1mm round tube inside.

this might be a great idea and i will look into it

this is the first edit, i made it really quick that i will have dinner and will be back tomorrow and do everything again with a little care.

however this is my idea, what do you think ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2024 at 5:58 PM, Simon2.4 said:

Also, I use a 0.6mm nozzle with arachne slicing; that speeds up the prints without speeding up the printer.

finished the Z_belt driver now i will start on the Z_idler

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12f-6NYqOVO9S0fCjSaIN2iDT2h6FmYIP/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l00V5qFdkz-nnlh4-OUXxjbKgKV_NVHF/view?usp=sharing

wish me luck haha.

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_14.png

Edited by PorcoMaster
  • Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 5:58 PM, Simon2.4 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16bbbIVen887-VwPwRLow2bs1wf3hK3Y1/view?usp=sharing

Z_idler finished, now i will start doing the rest of the project, i am still unsure about changing the gantry size, i thought in doing 2525 or 3030, but at same time the gantry files are more complex and i might take too long to finish, i might just do a 350x350x350 voron at the end with a 4040 frame, or i maybe go all in on a 2020 with 500mm gantry i am still unsure which way i will go.

either way i intend to do a full project on fusion of all files before deciding, so i have less problems while building it.

Screenshot_18.png

Screenshot_17.png

Screenshot_16.png

Screenshot_15.png

z_iddler.png

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 4:15 PM, Simon2.4 said:

Hey man just finished the whole 3d project, take a look when you can i would love some feedback, have a great weekend,