My first build a Fysetc v2.4r2-300 kit

afm380

8 hours ago, afm380 said:

and as I understand it panels (at least the bottom and back) are required for the acceptance of a s/n request.

When they say bottom, I think they mean the deck panel which you already have installed. I don't think the other panels matter, they mostly just don't want to see unmanaged cables in the build area

• Like 1

12 hours ago, afm380 said:

Next hurdle is to figure out panel mounting, there appears to be too many good options to choose

There is, the consensus seems to be to skip past the stock ones though.

I've been having good luck with the Filament Latches broke my first test one after fidgeting with it all day, haven't broken one actually on the printer so far.

Panel locks would probably be where I go if I want to change it all around, and seem like they'd get in the way slightly less when putting panels back on.

Yeah, I think it's pretty much the deck panel. The main thing is to have your cable management all done--it's a safety thing. Show that you've built a safe printer that isn't going to burn your house down or do someone damage poking at exposed electronics & wires.

Posted (edited)

woo hoo .... here it is printing it own ASA parts ... the holders for the magnetic door hinges that I chose to go with ... these really should be renamed as quick disconnect door as these holders are essential because while the doors hinge nicely on the magnets, they also fall off too easily (maybe stronger magnets might help here).  The suggestion of the Filament Latches was solid ... Thank You

IMG_3060.jpg

Edited by afm380
  • Like 3