Voron 2.4 Phateus Dragon Hotend

ippodrome

Question

Hi! 

I´ve gogled and searched on this site but I´m lost.

I just bought a PHAETUS VORON DRAGON ST and am worried I made a mistake.

I have a Voron 2.4 with TAP up and running and wanted a hotend upgrade.

I cant find the right toolhead for this hotend...

only this, stealthburner_crazy_dragon_toolhead, version but in an comment it seems incompatible with TAP.

Please help and point me in the right direction.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

This is the official stealthburner STL for the stealthburner.

If you need others check out https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-Stealthburner/tree/main/STLs/Stealthburner/Printheads

Thanks for replying!

I´m still lost since the Voron-version of Dragon is shorter than what the toolheads seems to be designed for when using the Stealthburner. 

Look at attached pic. 😕

Phaetus-VORON-Dragon-ST-A088-06B-00-0-26612_8.png

1 hour ago, ippodrome said:

the Voron-version of Dragon is shorter than what the toolheads seems to be designed for

The Crazy dragon printhead you linked is designed for the UHF versions of the Dragon.

DraginUHFHotend.png.4e4a490f06ecccf72dc7d933e655d02c.png

The standard and high flow versions of the Phaetus Dragon hotend are 45.5mm tall and fit the official printhead available in the Stealthburner repo. The Voron version of the Dragon only changes the color of the heat-break and maybe the silicone sock. It also ships without the E3D V6 mount adapter as Vorons use the direct mounting screws.

trianglelab-dragon-hotend-v2-0-super-precision-12eee1-1653978603378-439895803.thumb.jpg.0a4cc5bfcbf15055c720ad181c34e417.jpg

8 minutes ago, atrushing said:

The Crazy dragon printhead you linked is designed for the UHF versions of the Dragon.

DraginUHFHotend.png.4e4a490f06ecccf72dc7d933e655d02c.png

The standard and high flow versions of the Phaetus Dragon hotend are 45.5mm tall and fit the official printhead available in the Stealthburner repo. The Voron version of the Dragon only changes the color of the heat-break and maybe the silicone sock. It also ships without the E3D V6 mount adapter as Vorons use the direct mounting screws.

trianglelab-dragon-hotend-v2-0-super-precision-12eee1-1653978603378-439895803.thumb.jpg.0a4cc5bfcbf15055c720ad181c34e417.jpg

Thanks! I found the right mount (I think 🙂 ) and am halfway printing it now. I mixed the variants up and had a SBCrazyDragon printed by mistake....

Well at least ABS is cheap! 😄 

• Like 2