Nighthawk-SB toolboard by LDO Motors

mvdveer

30 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Never were able to find a good fitting Cable cover for the SB I think..

Here is the LDO_Nighthawk-SB cover - maybe that will fit, though it does not have the fan in it.  The one I use is for the SB2040, it has a fan mount in it - also attached.

cw2_captive_pcb_cover.stl SB2040 Cable Cover With Fan.stl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say this is an excellent alternative. Took me 25 minutes total to get up and running and that includes pinning plugs. Few hundred blissful hours with Nitehawk so far. 

On 2/25/2024 at 4:27 PM, ArkansasFPV said:

I have to say this is an excellent alternative. Took me 25 minutes total to get up and running and that includes pinning plugs. Few hundred blissful hours with Nitehawk so far. 

Hi would you be willing to provide your nitehawk config? I can’t seem to get my LEDs to work, and my probe to trigger but the probe has power because the red led indicator is on

What I keep hearing about canbus is that you can extend canbus and attach other can components, not that we do that on the toolhead, but I never understood that argument as usb also has a way to attach other components, it's called a hub.  So....does the nitehawk happen to have a usb hub on it?  Because being able to plug a beacon or a nozzle cam right into the toolhead board would be amazing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, speedkills said:

not that we do that on the toolhead

In fact, we do. The toolhead board (BTT EBB36 or SB2209 or Mellow Fly) are nodes on the can-bus. You can add as many other can nodes as you wish. The Cartographer 3D probe I add to my SB2209, is an added node. You can add another node to the Cartographer probe if you would want to, like say an ADXL resonance tester. Which is already built in in the latest version of Cartographer 🙂

The Nitehawk is quite a comparable system, except in that communications go over USB. On the Nitehawk there are points to extend the board, so yeah, you should be able to add other USB devices to it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have deployed this to 2 machines so far and I am doing a full rebuild of my very first Voron (Trident) and it will also receive this.

Easy, peasy, cover girl.

And reasonable crimps! JST-GH1.5 can die in a fire (helping a friend on their BTT 2209 CAN, and it sucked)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 3:14 PM, mvdveer said:

Had a look at the schematics but thought that it was part of the MCU - UART communications. (GPIO2 and GPIO 3)

The filament sensor is not listed as having a GPIO port, but it appears it is associated with GPIO12 and GPIO13 or the end stop ports.

GPIO16 and GPIO17 are fan controls. 

image.thumb.png.9af9b7ee3f53e9fd55d222d6d351bd21.png

Did you end up just using the end stop port for the filament sensor? Still trying to figure out if that’s the best route 

3 hours ago, whitetpoison said:

Did you end up just using the end stop port for the filament sensor? Still trying to figure out if that’s the best route 

No, I aborted the project and stuck to Canbus. Less bulk (wires) running back to the electronics. (Canbus = 4_ USB for Beacon) LDO with Beacon = 2 x bulky USB cables

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1