Klippy shutdown on v2.4 350mm

leo etchaas

Question

Hi guys, I have a problem with my voron, each time I print it hangs and stops printing.

The web interface also becomes unavailable.

the video of the fail happening is here :

and the problem is of course in the moonracker log, but I don't know how to read it.

You can find the logs here :

moonraker : http://cloud.avilab.fr/index.php/s/9bNC7yAreWY26r2

klippy : http://cloud.avilab.fr/index.php/s/GtrpAwEdarZKrZT

Thanks for having a look at this, I am a bit lost in the void.

I guess this sounds bad, but what is the solution, is it a network problem ? Or is my Pi burning ? Or my SD card dying ?

2024-01-13 00:18:38,914 [announcements.py:_fetch_moonlight()] - Failed to update subscription 'moonraker': Timeout while connecting

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 11.25.37.png

Edited by leo etchaas

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, leo etchaas said:

Or my SD card dying ?

This would be my first guess as the temperatures all look fine. I've had to replace a few SD cards on my printers and at least it is a useful place to start your troubleshooting. It is a bit of a hassle but if you copy over your configs, a lot of it will carry over to the new install pretty well. Of course, those three cameras will be fun to get set up again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, atrushing said:

This would be my first guess as the temperatures all look fine. I've had to replace a few SD cards on my printers and at least it is a useful place to start your troubleshooting. It is a bit of a hassle but if you copy over your configs, a lot of it will carry over to the new install pretty well. Of course, those three cameras will be fun to get set up again.

Ok I will consider this option more now then. Did you  or anyone else had this problem too ?

I am looking for one at amazon, the

39 minutes ago, leo etchaas said:

Did you  or anyone else had this problem too ?

I don't think I've had any die mid-print on me but the interface became unreliable and the printers had intermittent issues that a fresh install on a new card fixed.

Kingston is usually a reliable brand but I don't think you will need 256GB unless you are saving video feeds. I usually just use 32GB..

5 hours ago, leo etchaas said:

@mvdveer what do you think of it ?

Hi @leo etchaas, I will have a look at your logs and see if I can detect an issue. Can you also upload the code file that displays this behaviour please.

I have on occasion had a print pause, as it was inserted at the time of slicing the object. This has happened to me after doing a multicolour print with.a pause to change filamane, forgetting to reset the pause in Orcaslicer before the next print, then slicing another print and then have the print unintentionally pause at that point without me knowing. 

Hi @leo etchaas,

Did you try running your printer with a new sd card and a new mainsail os / klipper? I think @atrushing has a very good explanation for your problem: a faulty SD card.

@mvdveer I believe when I download my klippy log file, it also contains my whole printer.cfg.

What I see in the file klippy.log is this: ( see attached image to understand what I mean).

You see 5 lines of logging with a complete log of the parameters in mainsail. Then you get a line: "b'Got error -1 in write: (11)Resource temporarily unavailable'

then you get 5 lines again.

What I also see in the log file, is that the last time, it logs 4 lines. 5th line is all NULL-NULL-NULL....

This means the log file gets the variable line from klipper, but klipper does not have the values that are supposed to be there, so the values 'null' are written to the log file.

The reason the printer shuts down with 'MCU shutdown, check min_max values for temperatures, has to do with the fact that the temperature for both bed and extruder return NULL. 

The NULLs mean, Klipper can not READ the data, so... either a cable between the extruder / mcu / RPI is disconnected temporarily, or something in between falls out.

Maybe the PSU to the MCU malfunctions (I assume RPI has a separate power source).

This must be some kind of error like this. A malfunctioning micro SD card, probably also could cause this. But I doubt it, because klipper is still able to write the log file, but maybe it can not read some system files....

So.... 

Not an expert, but 

I would replace the microsd and check all power cables, cables that might 'move' when everything starts moving and heats up.

Good Luck!

nullnullnullnull.jpg

• Like 1