voron 2.4 questions

madmike46

Question

I' building a voron 2.4 in 350 mm size.  I have klipper loaded on my rp4,I also have the firmware on the Octopus v1.1.  When I boot up in mainsail I get moonraker not connected to klipper.  In mainsail under update manage I have an message next to moonraker " Repo has untracked source files: ['moonraker/components/timelapse.py']" 

I'm lost on figuring this out, I might be over my head on this build.  Steep learning curve that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

I have not noticed any question marks after a G28 or a bed mesh. But the z-motors turn off after a while. Once the z-motors turn off, the gantry will not be level anymore and you will need to do a g28 again. 

I did some testing and after being idle for about 3-5 minutes all 3 axis turn off, kind of like a power saving feature.  I just run the axis around for 10 minutes with no issues.  I am just waiting for more wire to arrive then it shouldn't take too long to melt plastic.

55 minutes ago, madmike46 said:

I did some testing and after being idle for about 3-5 minutes all 3 axis turn off,

feature of Klipper.

In my printer.cfg file I have this constant:

-----------------
[idle_timeout]
timeout: 1800
-----------------

I guess that is seconds. so in my case it is 30 minutes. And here is the Klipper reference in case you are interested 🙂

2 hours ago, Dirk said:

Once you have the extruder spitting out (Follow the steps about setting up the printer from the klipper3d and vorondesign pages I I posted before), you can go on to further finetuning your printer as described here. You will there see more about the z-motors.

I found your here, there links before, helped me tune my lowly Ender 3 V2 with Sprite hot end/ extruder.  printed all my Voron parts.

22 minutes ago, Dirk said:

feature of Klipper.

In my printer.cfg file I have this constant:

-----------------
[idle_timeout]
timeout: 1800
-----------------

I guess that is seconds. so in my case it is 30 minutes. And here is the Klipper reference in case you are interested 🙂

Thanks for that Dirk.  I ran across that with all my learning, just couldn't find the link again.  I will have to add that to my printer.cfg.

@madmike46 when you decide to go with Canbus lot of use use this terminal block to connect the H&L wires to the Octopus Canbus port (RJ11). Trim about 2 or 3mm of the black plastic around the RJ11 connection side. This will allow the block to seat properly into the port.

image.thumb.png.e996164646aafea8715e3a4398a3d7a3.png

Edited by PFarm
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, madmike46 said:

It's Alive.  It took a bit but I got it going.  Now to figure out how to get a video up.

Congratulations! 

A video is easiest if you upload it elsewhere, and link it from here. (Unless you make a video of less than 4.88mb 🙂 ) Youtube? GDrive with public access? 

1 hour ago, madmike46 said:

It's Alive.  It took a bit but I got it going.  Now to figure out how to get a video up.

Oh what a feeling ! Well done. Let's see that video!

• Like 2

Congrats on getting it printing. I'm just about there with my build as well. I've used my Google Drive to upload the video for my V2  and shared the link in the serial # request.

Edited by PFarm

13 hours ago, madmike46 said:

I am amazed at the print quality so far, as well as the speed, compared to my Ender 3, this thing is the Road Runner.  I'll post photos of the Benchy when done.

Congrats on getting it going. I had the same thoughts when I got my Trident going. "Holy smokes, this thing is FAST! And the benchy looks so good!" Coming from the Prusa Mini.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 6:25 PM, madmike46 said:

I'm using Bigtreetech'sEBB sb2209 rp2040.  I will look at Dirk's links, I still like the idea of only 4 wires going to the tool head.  I did get my Tap working today as well as QGL.  Been saving my printer config file after every success.

Im having issues with the same setup. my tap is not triggering. how did you solve this?

6 hours ago, Brent said:

Im having issues with the same setup. my tap is not triggering. how did you solve this?

Have you sett the endstop pin for Z to probe:z_virtual_endstop

Screenshot2024-01-25at6_05_12PM.thumb.png.f832dcdbe4e9b3dc725b0292257ff0ff.png

You also need to comment out "safe_z_home"

Screenshot2024-01-25at6_07_46PM.thumb.png.a193704ca49b810c303d82c1577a6a8e.png

Edited by PFarm