Need help configuring KAMP

mbunjes

Question

Hi, I installed KAMP and all went well, no errors. However it doesn't work  I'm a bit at a loss what exactly to put in my PRINT_START macro .
I read somewhere that the only thing you need is bed_mesh_calibrate but that's exactly what it does : it calibrates the whole bed.

I would like to know what exactly to put in my printer.cfg. 
I have include KAMP_Settings.cfg and eclude_object

I uncommented the features I want in kamp_settings_cfg

What else do I need ?

On 12/14/2023 at 3:38 PM, mbunjes said:

Hi, I installed KAMP and all went well, no errors. However it doesn't work  I'm a bit at a loss what exactly to put in my PRINT_START macro .
I read somewhere that the only thing you need is bed_mesh_calibrate but that's exactly what it does : it calibrates the whole bed.

I would like to know what exactly to put in my printer.cfg. 
I have include KAMP_Settings.cfg and eclude_object

I uncommented the features I want in kamp_settings_cfg

What else do I need ?

I have the same problem as you, everything is checked and placed but nothing still changes a bedmesh of the entire bed, while in the console the distances are correct and the purge is done well next to the impression

On 3/29/2024 at 2:04 PM, claudermilk said:

Did you make sure to do this step?

1. Finally, you will need to make sure your slicer is labeling objects:

https://github.com/kyleisah/Klipper-Adaptive-Meshing-Purging/raw/main/Photos/Meshing-Assets/slicer-setting.png

If you've got all that, you're ready for KAMP!

I have everything correct and KAMP does not work for the bed mesh part, just the purge is good XD

You have uncommented the include?

[include ./KAMP/Adaptive_Meshing.cfg]  

There shouldn't be anything else to configure. That's all I can think of if the purge is working (it is moving around based on the plate size, right?) Is smart park working?

16 hours ago, claudermilk said:

You have uncommented the include?

[include ./KAMP/Adaptive_Meshing.cfg]  

There shouldn't be anything else to configure. That's all I can think of if the purge is working (it is moving around based on the plate size, right?) Is smart park working?

Yes, that's why I don't understand why it doesn't work, I even watched several videos to see if there was a change and each time I checked these parameters...

The only thing I can see is that when I put it in comments, the bedmesh still works without making any errors, I don't know if this is normal, I have a klipper bedmesh, but not with Adaptive and it is impossible to comment it is included directly even without putting it in the printer

I also see in the console that KAMP is starting because I have the dimensions of the print which is there and are good but leaves in normal bed_mesh

Edited by AcidNight

A few things needed for it to work:

In moonraker.cfg

[file_manager]
# post processing for object cancel. Not recommended for low resource SBCs such as a Pi Zero. Default False
enable_object_processing: True

In printer.cfg

[include KAMP_Settings.cfg]

in the slicer, Label Objects and Exclude objects selected:

image.png.c2c33c04572d87f7fbeb492632be1baf.png

• Like 1

Funny people still care to install KAMP.

I did install it, and worked by adding the object exclusion, and the naming in the slicer, like @mvdveer and @claudermilk mention...

But... with the latest update of Klipper, KAMP became obsolete.

You have to, like with KAMP,

• define

[exclude_object]

in printer.cfg.
  • add 

[file_manager]
    enable_object_processing: True

in moonraker.cfg
  • have the slicer define/name objects

and then call somewhere in your print_start macro

BED_MESH_CALIIBRATE ADAPTIVE=1

And klaar is Kees.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dirk said:

Funny people still care to install KAMP.

I did install it, and worked by adding the object exclusion, and the naming in the slicer, like @mvdveer and @claudermilk mention...

But... with the latest update of Klipper, KAMP became obsolete.

You have to, like with KAMP,

• define in printer.cfg.
  • add 
    in moonraker.cfg
  • have the slicer define/name objects

and then call somewhere in your print_start macro

And klaar is Kees.

🤯 I didn't notice that. I'll bet most people haven't seen that this feature is now in Klipper. That is very cool, and I suspect KAMP had something to do with it. There is also the purge line and smart park functionality with KAMP that still makes it relevant. Since I already have it installed, I'll continue to use it as-is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, claudermilk said:

I suspect KAMP had something to do with it

If you look at how it works, it has to be a merge with KAMP. The only thing that is indeed missing, is the Purge and Park libraries.

That is why I have not removed KAMP completely. I did include KAMP in  my printer.cfg 

[include KAMP_Settings.cfg]

and commented the Adaptive meshing out in that include file 

# Below you can include specific configuration files depending on what you want KAMP to do:

#[include ./KAMP/Adaptive_Meshing.cfg]       # Include to enable adaptive meshing configuration.
[include ./KAMP/Voron_Purge.cfg]            # Include to enable adaptive Voron logo purging configuration.
[include ./KAMP/Smart_Park.cfg]             # Include to enable the Smart Park function, which parks the printhead near the print area for final heating.

And this is how my current print start looks like:

[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode: 
# Parameters
    {% set BED_TEMP = params.BED|float %}
    {% set EXTRUDER_TEMP = params.EXTRUDER|float %}

G90  	; set coordinate system
    G28 	; home all
    QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL	
    BED_MESH_CLEAR
    BED_MESH_CALIBRATE ADAPTIVE=1

M190 S{BED_TEMP}            
    M109 S{EXTRUDER_TEMP}      

VORON_PURGE

I did disable KAMP adaptive meshing, because I have heard a lot of chatter about KAMP conflicting with Klippers adaptive meshing routines and leading to Z offset inadequacies.

And if it is built in anyway, why not use it. It is just a single # away

16 hours ago, Dirk said:

Les gens drôles souhaitent toujours installer KAMP.

Je l'ai installé et j'ai travaillé en ajoutant l'exclusion d'objet et le nom dans le slicer, comme@mvdveer et@claudermilk mention...

Mais... avec la dernière mise à jour de Klipper , KAMP est devenu obsolète.

Il faut, comme avec KAMP,

• définir dans imprimante.cfg.
  • ajouter 
    dans moonraker.cfg
  • demander au slicer de définir/nommer les objets

puis appelez quelque part dans votre macro print_start

Et Kees a fini.

Yes but as I already said, certain boards are blocked at one version, I have a lerdgeK and the manufacturer made a .bin to flash the card, without that impossible to make because the klipper file is not not recognized and their procedure for doing it ourselves does not work, in my opinion as everything is configured properly, I am on a version between two, or the adaptive of klipper does not work but is blocked by that of KAMP.. .

I am waiting for the delivery of a new card to resolve the problem, but with that I am sure that other brands have done the same and therefore people cannot update their klipper otherwise they will not be able to flash their card again

16 hours ago, claudermilk said:

🤯 Je n'ai pas remarqué ça. Je parie que la plupart des gens n'ont pas vu que cette fonctionnalité est désormais disponible dans Klipper. C'est très cool, et je soupçonne que KAMP a quelque chose à voir avec ça. Il existe également la ligne de purge et la fonctionnalité de parc intelligent avec KAMP qui le rendent toujours pertinent. Comme je l'ai déjà installé, je continuerai à l'utiliser tel quel.

everything will depend on the version of klipper, only those who have problems notice it because KAMP does not work when there is that of klipper, and my problem is probably linked to that but in a version where they have problems with it and therefore impossible to make it go

13 hours ago, Dirk said:

Si vous regardez comment cela fonctionne, il doit s’agir d’une fusion avec KAMP. La seule chose qui manque effectivement, ce sont les bibliothèques Purge et Park.

C'est pourquoi je n'ai pas complètement supprimé KAMP. J'ai inclus KAMP dans mon fichier imprimante.cfg 

et a commenté le maillage adaptatif dans ce fichier d'inclusion 

# Ci-dessous, vous pouvez inclure des fichiers de configuration spécifiques en fonction de ce que vous voulez que KAMP fasse :

Et voici à quoi ressemble mon début d'impression actuel :

J'ai désactivé le maillage adaptatif KAMP, car j'ai entendu beaucoup de discussions sur le fait que KAMP était en conflit avec les routines de maillage adaptatif de Klippers et conduisait à des insuffisances de décalage Z.

Et s’il est intégré de toute façon, pourquoi ne pas l’utiliser. Ce n'est qu'à un seul #

the bed mesh will be more effective if the bed is at printing temperature, why do you do it before? the bed will always have deformation between a temperate temperature and heating .

Maybe update to latest version of klipper? Like everyone?

No idea klipper would care about what board you have. I do not believe it does 

Thanks for informing me about my wrong print_start.

I do heat soak my printer before sending a job to it.

If I wouldn't it would not matter much because the heat profile of my printer bed is saved in cartographer. 

4 hours ago, Dirk said:

Maybe update to latest version of klipper? Like everyone?

No idea klipper would care about what board you have. I do not believe it does 

Thanks for informing me about my wrong print_start.

I do heat soak my printer before sending a job to it.

If I wouldn't it would not matter much because the heat profile of my printer bed is saved in cartographer. 

Precisely, when you go to update klipper, there is a warning saying that it is possible to have to flash the card again with a new .bin generated with the new firmware.

Most of the boards are 100% open source, but not lerdge, contrary to what they say, because you have to pass the .bin that klipper created by a tool from the manufacturer, before putting it on the board, but given that nothing is up to date on the Lerdge side, the pins map is incorrect, tutorial to generate the valid .bin for the map...

So you might as well change the card to one that is more advanced and 10% compatible with klipper, see planned for klipper