V2.4 300 - Here we go!

Brystro

So Black Friday kind of put the nail in the coffin for me.  Printed Solid had some KILLER deals, like the complete 7 motor set from LDO (includes the high temp A/B) motors for $69.97!!.  So I splurged and bought most of the parts, with the majority coming from West3D (they are less then 5 miles from my house!).  PS was out of the LDO black frame kit, so I opted for space gray (again, couldn't not get it for only $87.50!), plus my V0 is space gray and I've taken a liking to it.  Now the wait begins....mostly for the overseas parts (Manta M8P w/ Pi 1.2 and steppers), and misc items.  I told my wife this will be the third and final printer.  Lol, time will only tell....

Furiously printing most of the parts on my V0, with the obvious larger parts printing on my Switchwire.  

My "mods" will include

- Kinematic bed - Using stainless steel since I've read the titanium is mostly for looks and doesn't add value to the 'taco bed' solution (please correct me if I'm wrong)

- Titanium backers (again a steal at West3D during their Black Friday sale)

- Sexbolt, but the little bit larger one to accommodate for the kinematic mod:

https://github.com/tanaes/whopping_Voron_mods/tree/main/kinematic_bed 

and 

https://github.com/tanaes/whopping_Voron_mods/blob/main/kinematic_bed/STLs/sexybolt_owo.stl

- GE5C

- Pinmod - using stainless steel here, didn't want to pony up more $ for aluminum (read: I'm cheap)

- Canbus - BTT EBB SB2209 w/ RPi2040 - I have read about the thermistor having issues on the ST version of this, again correct me if I'm wrong

Edited by Brystro
  • Like 1

• Brystro changed the title to V2.4 300 - Here we go!
14 hours ago, Brystro said:

- Sexbolt, but the little bit larger one to accommodate for the kinematic mod:

https://github.com/tanaes/whopping_Voron_mods/tree/main/kinematic_bed 

Can't wait to see this ! (BTW why is this called "kinematic", should be called "isostatic" ; the Trident has a real kinematic bed... Not the 2.x

- Pinmod - using stainless steel here, didn't want to pony up more $ for aluminum (read: I'm cheap)

Alumin(i)um pins more expensive than stainless ones ? WTF ??? But will probably go this way for the XY joints in a near future ! Didn't think of that ! (20 years ago, saved 17 kg on a bike, gram after gram)

BTW, do you know what a "Bistro" is, in french ?

Edited by YaaJ

• 1 month later...

Eventually I will post my build diary with my mods and instructions.  I just got some cereal!  It took 7 days (I imagine the queue is long being the holiday season).  Happy Printing.  Oh and here is another print fail for all to enjoy:

image.thumb.png.f1bba8c70c3460f04ae8784f4b67b832.png

• Haha 4