Micron 180 - LDO Kit build

mvdveer

On 8/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, atrushing said:

I have worked up something that should work but doesn't use very common screws.

Finally got around to converting the toolhead to the Mini- Stealth. Build the toolhead, wires and all,

IMG_6106.thumb.png.182903f890259af3c03ea6a4573875d9.png

then realised I have a MGN9H carriage.

IMG_6107.thumb.png.9b3abf353d4ac92ab2b117bf87f7b065.png

Two options - order a MGN9C carriage or enquire from @atrushing if the file can be adjusted for a H carriage, before I order - is this achievable or would it interfere with the mounting of the mini-stealth

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Two options - order a MGN9C carriage or enquire if the file can be adjusted for a H carriage. Before I order - is this achievable or would it interfere with the mounting of the mini-stealth

The belt connection does collide with the 4010 blowers on the Mini Stealth. If you can accept loosing some Y travel, it might be possible to shift the mounting face forward by at least 3mm to get some clearance back. There might still be other concerns but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

2024-03-11-085610_832x910_scrot.thumb.png.68eae7bcb20ffcb006cfc41bd6426bdf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, atrushing said:

if you can accept loosing some Y travel,

Not an issue, but may be easier just getting a C-Carriage. (Have time this coming Saturday to get one)  Thank you for the effort nonetheless. As always appreciated. You are always willing to help and adapt to the needs of others. 

29 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Not an issue, but may be easier just getting a C-Carriage. (Have time this coming Saturday to get one)  Thank you for the effort nonetheless. As always appreciated. You are always willing to help and adapt to the needs of others. 

Compared to the Printers For Ants - Boop, their MGN9C carriage saves 14mm of Y travel. Combining the wider front with the narrow back would take some artistic blending but I tend to get an illogical itch that where I try to get the Mini Stealth to fit onto everything I come across. It is also very good 3D modelling practice! I'll save this project for later 😉

2024-03-11-121135_791x844_scrot.thumb.png.4b3c523c181fe2bd3f4868939bc6119a.png

• Like 2

Couldn't get the mgn9c carriage and ended up installing the dragon burner with Galileo 2 standalone extruder and beacon probe. Printed and build both toolheads.

IMG_6158.thumb.png.b6d795ae5f36a1e1c1ced45c94a90df4.png  IMG_6159.thumb.png.50cf3650ffc46eec608a87f0e6353b8a.png

Everything back together and working.

Installed a Can cartographer probe which needed to be flashed with the update klipper firmware . Easy peasy. Love the new "device" feature in mainsail - gave me the UUID, downloaded the latest firmware form the cartographer GitHub and flashed the board with katapult. Took no more than 10 min in total to flash. 

Now let's get printing

• Like 1