Klipperscreen Themes?

ken226

Anyone done anything with Klipperscreens backgrounds, buttons, etc?   The only themes i've seen on the internet is the VZ Bot theme  VzBoT-Vz330/KlipperScreen theme at master · VzBoT3D/VzBoT-Vz330 · GitHub

But, there doesn't seem to be anything out there for Voron.  I spent a few hours yesterday dissecting the VZbot theme's folders, as well as the stock Klipperscreen styles folders.

So far, i've got the file system kinda figured out, and put together a few Voron themes.  I'm not much of an artist, so I made sure the art clips I downloaded are allowed for personal, electronic device background image use.  Still, i may just try and come up with my own background image, so I don't run afoul of any copyright rules.

image.thumb.jpeg.60d8f299ced2259eab65e8f5b138ef4b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c2b85ab670ae20c5a0cf9da34f85925e.jpeg

• Like 1

Yup, sure have. 😁

I went through this docs page: https://klipperscreen.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Theming/ I picked one of the default themes and copied the files to my custom directory then tweaked from there. Mainly added the background image to the CSS and grabbed the icons I liked. I've since generated a few custom icons to go with some custom menus I've added. For those I looked up the closest icon available in material, then drew what I needed in Affinity Designer and exported to SVG. Worked out great.

PXL_20220223_161407240.jpg.9d7bdc573d5f5cfa2e74ac6bda2963dd.jpg

• Like 3

That looks great!   My attempts kept failing, until i figured out that there is a size limit to the .svg background image file.  I'm not sure exactly what the limit is, but once I got the file size below 2mb, it started working.

• Like 1

WallpaperSafari has a pretty generous copyright policy using the "Free Culture" license.  Perhaps ill upload a copy of my themes to the user mods/downloads section. 

It's uploaded.  It is a modified version of the VZBot theme, but Voron'ized, using some free-use background images from WalllpaperSafari.

Edited by ken226
  • Like 2

Some of those theme backgrounds look really familiar. 😆 I don't even recall what site I stole my image from, and I tweaked levels and colors to my preference. Getting the background wasn't too bad, it's just a short CSS line:

window {background-color: rgba(0,20,80,0.5);  background-image: url("/home/pi/KlipperScreen/styles/BlueTrident/images/Hexes1.png");}

Easy Peasy.

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

Some of those theme backgrounds look really familiar. 😆 I don't even recall what site I stole my image from, and I tweaked levels and colors to my preference. Getting the background wasn't too bad, it's just a short CSS line:

window {background-color: rgba(0,20,80,0.5);  background-image: url("/home/pi/KlipperScreen/styles/BlueTrident/images/Hexes1.png");}

Easy Peasy.

Yea, I didn't realize .png files would work.  It would have saved me the time I spent converting them to .svg

7 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Are the files somewhere downloadable @claudermilk? Or am I trying to get off too easy here?? 😛 hahaha!

I put a copy of mine up, here:

Well, posting a link didn't work.  It's in the user mods section, under downloads.

Here

Edited by ken226
  • Thanks 2

Thanks!! installed them, for now going with the Dark 1 style. Blue 2 is nice too!

Thanks! will start looking for more of these, I like it.

Too bad the intro video of klipper boot doesnt work anymore, I loved that too...

• Like 1

Buurman
This post was recognized by Buurman!

"My hero!!!"

mvdveer was awarded the badge 'Superstar'

4 hours ago, Buurman said:

too bad the intro video of klipper boot doesnt work anymore, I loved that too...

I am using this as intro and love it:

IMG_4109.thumb.jpeg.086d619e83bd16e8ddd2ca4f03e8d019.jpeg  IMG_4107.thumb.jpeg.96813e21083b546f0a0185ea36b2dc9b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Voron FTW! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mvdveer said:

I am using this as intro and love it:

IMG_4109.thumb.jpeg.086d619e83bd16e8ddd2ca4f03e8d019.jpeg  IMG_4107.thumb.jpeg.96813e21083b546f0a0185ea36b2dc9b.jpeg

I've seen that GitHub, but was reluctant to try it based on my not understanding the first two sentences.

I use mainsailOS.  It says it will only work with Rpi OS lite. But the next sentence contradicts the first.

NOTE:

This guide will only work on Raspberry Pi OS LITE images. If you are using FluiddPi or MainsailOS those images will work. The following procedure has been verified on buster and bullseybullsey

6 minutes ago, ken226 said:

I've seen that GitHub, but was reluctant to try it based on my not understanding the first two sentences.

I use mainsailOS.  It says it will only work with Rpi OS lite. But the next sentence contradicts the first.

NOTE:

This guide will only work on Raspberry Pi OS LITE images. If you are using FluiddPi or MainsailOS those images will work. The following procedure has been verified on buster and bullseybullsey

I am using Mainsail os on all the machines and it works just fine.  Have this installed on all 6 Vorons.

50 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

I am using Mainsail os on all the machines and it works just fine.  Have this installed on all 6 Vorons.

Ouch!  I went through following the instructions in that GitHub, now my Pi won't boot up.

I'm not sure how to get back in to undo those changes.IMG_20230412_155103152.thumb.jpg.16fa20973df59a8f7a92d1d96dc22e47.jpg

Edited:

I tried multiple times, and it does the same thing.   I can't get it to boot up, at all.  Definitely can't get into it via SSH.  

Reflashing the EMMC now with a clean OS install.  I have plenty of backups of my config files.

Edited by ken226

The only part I think i could have screwed up was here:

Add the following to the end of the first line

logo.nologo consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 quiet vt.global_cursor_default=0

I followed those instructions literally. I added the "logo.nologo consoleblank=0 loglevel=1 quiet vt.global_curson_default=0"  DIRECTLY,  to the end of the  existing line in the /boot/cmdline.txt file.  I thought it looked funny just added to the end of the existing line of text.  Like maybe it should have had a space, or been on another line or something.

Edited by ken226

3 hours ago, Buurman said:

Got inspired and created a new theme based on yours, but different background and CSS colors.

Thanks @ken226

That's awesome! Ima steal it and make a blue-toned version later.

This one reminds me of a number of years ago when my brother in law was looking for a new truck. We sat in every full size pickup at the LA Auto show and the Ford F150 Harley Davidson Edition on display made an impression. Sitting in it I thought it was both kind of cool and amusing the dash panel had a carbon fiber look. Then I looked closer and realized it was all tiny Harley logos! Same effect here with all the tiny Voron logos!

• Haha 1