Trident getting way too hot

mbunjes

22 hours ago, mbunjes said:

I did exactly the same with a small drill but I can't escape the impression it's not really the most perfect solution. You're drilling in a precision instrument and it gives me the shivers.

Yeah, same here. It was by hand (no drill), slowly, and carefully. I figured it was try that or bin the nozzle and buy a new one. I was pleased and surprised that it worked.

21 hours ago, mbunjes said:

Mine after an hour heatsoak is up to 58-59, also with Nevermore and exhaust fan at 50%. may be it's the chamber volume ?

🤷‍♂️ Mine is a 250 and I just have a Nevermore to cycle the air. That did significantly accelerate the chamber heating up and got it warmer than without the fans circulating the air. I run the Nevermore at 100% and leave the exhaust fan off until the print is done--at which point it turns on to...exhaust the hot air.

8 hours ago, mbunjes said:

r's not an existing mod ?

It was part of the original build of my Trident and the latest 2.4. The SB2040  canbus board comes in two pieces. One fitting inside the stealthburner, accepting the fans and the LED's. The other similar shape to Hartk toolhead board, but only 4 wires from the electronics bay to the toolhead.

IMG_3904.thumb.jpeg.0809019c796e0fcab9b524d8984a4370.jpeg  IMG_3903.thumb.jpeg.f316f1e2e6e507676ce1ad6f83a5f30f.jpeg

The cover with the fan is an existing mod