Parse Error - Fixed (sort of). Now nozzle bed heating issue.

7milesup

Question

Well, here I go again. 🙄

Thanks to @mvdveer and @smirk help, I was able to get my printer to print, however, there was a big issue with how it went about heating the bed and nozzle, with the nozzle heating up to print temp, then cooling off to probe temp (150C) and then back up to print temp.  After searching a bit, I found that some G-code in my slicer (Superslicer) needed to be added. 

I added the following to my Slicer start G-code (in red).

; M190 S0
; M109 S0 ; uncomment to remove set&wait temp gcode added automatically after this start gcode
print_start EXTRUDER={first_layer_temperature[initial_extruder] + extruder_temperature_offset[initial_extruder]} BED=[first_layer_bed_temperature] CHAMBER=[chamber_temperature]

Then I had parsing issues related to the bed (M104 S and M109 S) that would halt the printer.  After researching some more, I added in the code you see for the M140 and M190 and commented out the existing code..  Now the bed heater does not start until after all of the routines are done, which is a while and the extruder is sitting there cooking at print temp. 

Obviously I have this messed up, but not sure how to correct it.  If I delete the g-code out of the slicer the sequence is correct but then I have that funky hotend heating up, cooling down to 150 then back up to print temp. 

I also have another question(s) about QGL and mesh bed leveling.  Do you have your printer do a QGL for every print?  What about mesh bed leveling.  I am assuming that the mesh bed is done once and saved, then recalled by the g-code.  I can start a different thread for those two questions instead of muddying this thread up.

Use PRINT_START for the slicer starting script - please customize for your slicer of choice
[gcode_macro PRINT_START]
gcode:
    #G32                            ; home all axes
    #G90                            ; absolute positioning
    #G1 Z20 F3000                   ; move nozzle away from bed
    BED_MESH_CLEAR
    G90                             ;Absolute positioning
    M117 Homing...
    G28                             ;Homes all the axis
    M117 Heating bed ......
    M140   {% set BED_TEMP = params.BED_TEMP|default(0)|float %}
##M140 S{params.BED_TEMP}         ;Heats the bed to the temperature obtained from the slicer
    ##M190 S{params.BED_TEMP}         ;Waits for the bed to reach temperature before running any other commands
    M190 {% set BED_TEMP = params.BED_TEMP|default(0)|float %}
    M109 S150                       ;Heats the nozzle to 150 in order to use TAP
    M117 Leveling Gantry ........
    QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL               ;Levels the gantry
    ##BED_MESH_CALIBRATE              ; does a bed mesh and saves it as default for the current session
    M117 Loading Mesh ........
    ##BED_MESH_PROFILE Load=default   ;Loads the mesh - now has to be done explicitly, not automatically loaded anymore
    G0 X150 Y150 Z30 F3600          ;Moves to the centre of the bed
    M117 Heating Toolhead
    M104 {% set EXTRUDER_TEMP = params.EXTRUDER_TEMP|default(0)|float %}
    ##M104 S{params.TOOL_TEMP}        ;Heats the toolhead to the temp obtained from the slicer
    M109 {% set EXTRUDER_TEMP = params.EXTRUDER_TEMP|default(0)|float %}
    ##M109 S{params.TOOL_TEMP}        ;Waits for the toolhead to reach temperature before starting the print
#    M117 Prime Line ..........     ;Prints a Prime Line
#    G92 E0.0                       ;reset extruder distance position
#    G1 X10 Y10 Z0.3 F3000          ;move to prime line position
#    G1 X60 E10.0 F1000             ;intro line 1
#    G1 X200 E30 F500               ;intro line 2
#    G92 E0.0                       ;reset extruder distance position
    G90                             ;Absolute positining
    M117 Starting Print .......

printer.cfg klippy(2).log

I need to try out Cura again. I tried it back in the day but paid for and used Simplify 3D for years. Once I built a Voron, I started using SuperSlicer. It's been working well for me but... A man's gotta F up a good thing and try something different. 😲😁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Penatr8tor said:

used Simplify 3D for years

Same here - just did the upgrade to V5. (Was cheap/discounted) Have not tried it as yet. After reading this thread, have downloaded Cura, but not installed yet. Took me a while to learn superslicer and I still don't fully utilise all of its potential. On the Creality printers used Simplify3D and it just worked -Marlin based back then. Simplify3d did not play well with Klipper, therefor the switch to Superslicer.

• Like 1