Not so much a diary, just showing off..

Buurman

3 minutes ago, smirk said:

That's the one, you also probably need their UTOC as the canbus/usb network adaptor for the PI.

Thanks, I was just asking myself, do I need this thing also...

14 minutes ago, Buurman said:

what fits on the back of a mini? 

The Umbilical_mount has the same 43.84mm screw spacing as the Fly SHT36 as well as the EBB36.

2023-03-09-113906_1920x1054_scrot.thumb.png.b4f6ae0675f9ffefc83ae0fdb99616df.png

Both of the CANbus boards will need at least 3mm spacers because they have many components on the back side.

2023-03-05-222322_1916x1050_scrot.thumb.png.d4d54e4868edde01ec599e09b443deb9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buurman said:

Any advises on the kind of plugs/cable covers for this canbus thing??

I don't know which connectors they use but I really think these Umbilical and CANbus boards should move to the surface mount push-in LED style connectors..

4 hours ago, atrushing said:

I don't know which connectors they use but I really think these Umbilical and CANbus boards should move to the surface mount push-in LED style connectors..

Looks pretty cool and I agree, crimping these cables is a pain.... easy solution!

But I meant more the cable wrapping options.. tubes, etc.. and connectors to it..

image.png.9a401281fc5c4cac5449aac1bf4b375d.png

All really nice stuff there @Buurman 🙂

I am curious to see how well the X Beam works out.

Printing 247 just did a test and review / comparison between extrusion, CF square tube and X Beams on a 0.1. Definitely worth a watch... or not depending on how you feel about his results. FWIW... I think they're cool as sh!t. I'd consider getting one for my next build.

X Beam Test

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Buurman said:

experienced canbus user now,

Not so experienced - only installed two. But I found the mellow fly good. I am using the SB2040 which is a two part board and limits your options significantly. The one you linked is excellent and has much more mounting options.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smirk said:

That's the one, you also probably need their UTOC as the canbus/usb network adaptor for the PI.

You can install canboot on the octopus. I do not have any pi connectors or UTOCS installed. Remeber your early comment to me @Buurman - less electronics.

10 hours ago, Buurman said:

Any advises on the kind of plugs/cable covers for this canbus thing??

The mellow fly board includes a pre-crimped cable.

"Mellow Fly-Sht V2.0 Board With 1M Can Cable For Klipper Hotend Headtool Canable Canbus And Use PT100 / Encoder For 3D Printer "

This is more than enough for a 350 build if you are going umbilical.

Will need a connector for the data lines to attach to the octopus canbus.

IMG_3918.thumb.jpeg.b79f37f4fb0614e3f515e7def38422a9.jpeg

I got mine here.

Or you can use an old telephone jack, as I did on the Trident

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

All really nice stuff there @Buurman 🙂

I am curious to see how well the X Beam works out.

Printing 247 just did a test and review / comparison between extrusion, CF square tube and X Beams on a 0.1. Definitely worth a watch... or not depending on how you feel about his results. FWIW... I think they're cool as sh!t. I'd consider getting one for my next build.

X Beam Test

Yeah, I watched some tests before buying, I know this is not the strongest one, but its the lightest..

The carbon ones do tend to bent a little more under temperature, over all aluminium is the better choice from the tests I have seen.
There is another version of this one that is less sensitive to twisting, but heavier.

All in all, its just playing around, hope it will just print nice, and hopefully I can add a little more speed, but thats not even very important..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mvdveer said:

You can install canboot on the octopus. I do not have any pi connectors or UTOCS installed. Remeber your early comment to me @Buurman - less electronics.

Yeah, I ordered the UTCOS, but I am looking at not using it, since especially v2 is, I think, better directly from the Octopus, and yes, I would choose less electronics if possible 😛 still... I remember 😉 

This is the config right?

Posted by this guy... @Demosth ... no idea 😛 

• Like 1

Yeah, I ordered the UTCOS, but I am looking at not using it, since especially v2 is, I think, better directly from the Octopus, and yes, I would choose less electronics if possible 😛 still... I remember 😉 

I have 3 UTOCS lying around -better to be safe when you venture into uncharted waters

6 minutes ago, Buurman said:

Other thing, the V2 makes it able to change voltage on the fans, but im afraid, its for both fans?

Not sure as I have not seen one. From what I am reading - not clear either

See here

Interface: Controllable fan*2, RGB*1, limiter*2, Probe*1, Servo*1, heating tube*1, thermal*1, PT100*1

3 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

Not sure as I have not seen one. From what I am reading - not clear either

See here

Interface: Controllable fan*2, RGB*1, limiter*2, Probe*1, Servo*1, heating tube*1, thermal*1, PT100*1

https://mellow.klipper.cn/?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.17.141d85832hj8Pq#/board/fly_sht_v2/shtv2line

This is the one I ordered.....

This is the one I ordered.....

From what I see there, is that both fans will then have the same Voltage.

There is a 5V and 12V supply on the endstop port which should be free. Can make up a connector incorporating power foor fans plus endstop pin and GND

image.thumb.png.82cd196265c33a3e66cb4deba69beb6b.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

There is a 5V and 12V supply on the endstop port which should be free

Yeah, I am thinking to pull 5V from there, and still use PB11 for the fan control, while its the tool fan, so its always on/off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, made it light for speed testing (but with a Revo you really cant) but.. didnt expect to win even on quality of prints...

I didnt even dial in this printer yet, all I did is a extrusion tuning (since the extruder is new for me) and set the Z offset.. duh..

But my first print is.. F... me... never seen anything so smooth in my life...

photos taken from multiple angles so you know its not lighting I am playing with.. 

20230321_072705233_iOS.jpg

20230321_072713542_iOS.jpg

20230321_072748531_iOS.jpg

• Like 2