While printing it pause randomly!!!

Pradit

Question

Just recently I moved my printer to new location.

I'm using octoprint and telegram plugin.

My octoprint is on RPI 3b + with 48c temp.

What could cause the print and pause and print and pause randomly?

Is it lost wifi signal to submit telegram? I could access my printer via web ui fine.

Or could be any other issue?

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, claudermilk said:

If it loses connectivity it might. I had a print fail randomly on my Mini attached to a Pi-based Octoprint instance. It lost connectivity mid-print and paused long enough to time out and fail the print.

Its only short pause each time and resume.

I don't know exactly how the telegram plugin works, but generally the printer isn't "streaming" the gcode or file, meaning a poor wifi connection shouldn't disturb the printer mid print. The whole file is uploaded prior to the printer prior to the print starting, so it wouldn't need the wifi connection to print after the file has been uploaded. That being said, if the only change you made was moving it and not anything else like swapping cables, power adapters, config changes etc. then there's only a few things it could possibly be.

Some other things to consider -
Did you change the power supply/source for the pi?
Did you change the power setup at all? Maybe a different power strip?
Did you make any config changes since it was last printing normally? Any at all, even if you think it's irrelevant. Or install any new plugins?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, conceptualme said:

I don't know exactly how the telegram plugin works, but generally the printer isn't "streaming" the gcode or file, meaning a poor wifi connection shouldn't disturb the printer mid print. The whole file is uploaded prior to the printer prior to the print starting, so it wouldn't need the wifi connection to print after the file has been uploaded. That being said, if the only change you made was moving it and not anything else like swapping cables, power adapters, config changes etc. then there's only a few things it could possibly be.

Some other things to consider -
Did you change the power supply/source for the pi?
Did you change the power setup at all? Maybe a different power strip?
Did you make any config changes since it was last printing normally? Any at all, even if you think it's irrelevant. Or install any new plugins?

Only thing i could think of is my ebb36 mount is kinda messy.

When mount and screw the wire and adapter underneath may squish tight.

1st i thought rpi over heat may cause this. But its only 48c.

Telegram plugin periodically trying to post request to telegram server asynchronously. Which i might test by turn off this plugin and see if that cause it.

I recently changed the heater part of my rapido hotend. New set of heater block and all.

New location with new power outlet.

Thats all i could think off.