Phaetus rapido hotend burnout

nannyogg82

Question

So I've just been running a long print. Came back to it halfway through to find the following error message on the screen. I have tried reheating the hotend but the temp stays the same and the printer shuts itself down again after a minute or two.

I only bought this hotend last week as a replacement for my V6 and can't believe its messed up already. When I was installing this hotend I could find ZERO information about installing it and any firmware changes that were needed, not even from Phaetus. So I carried on using the Generic 3950 for the thermistor and kept every other setting the same. Does the Rapido need specific firmware changes, cause I was searching for ages and couldn't find anything. Is this a common error with this hotend?

20230201_231544536_iOS.jpg

8 answers to this question

These are the specs of the Phaetus Rapido: Phaetus has the regular thermistor listed as a Semitec 104NT4 thermistor

image.thumb.png.c8f0dc2731b42a36138823a26c3583b8.pngimage.thumb.png.63f58fcc8cf7cd4eadce1fc9dcbabef7.png

Also be mindful that the Rapido has a higher power need for heating - 115W and that your printer board and power supply can handle this.

Check the fuses on the board - may have blown a fuse

Also found this klipper config on github:

[extruder]
max_extrude_cross_section: 0.64
max_extrude_only_distance: 200
nozzle_diameter: 0.4
heater_pin: PB1
sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104GT-2
sensor_pin: PF4
min_extrude_temp: 170
min_temp: 0
max_temp: 285
pressure_advance: 0.057

Ok, so I got my replacement PT1000 heater/thermistor and I updated the firmware with the PT1000 under sensor type but left everything else in place as I was using the same wiring. The printer seems to recognise the heater and when I hold a heat source next to the nozzle I do see an increase in temp showing on the dashboard. But the heater still refuses to switch on. Is this a problem with the mainboard then? I have checked the three removable 15a fuses and they're all fine, but beyond that I don't know where to look. Does the heater cartridge terminal on the board have its own fuse which might have blown, or is it likely that some other component on the board has blown?

Thanks

witam mam ten sam problem jaki wpisałeś w cfg ? 

tak jest ok ? 

-----------------------------------------------------------

hello, i have the same problem as you entered in cfg?

that is OK ?

Edited by Czapla85

On 5/11/2023 at 9:27 AM, Czapla85 said:

witam mam ten sam problem jaki wpisałeś w cfg ? 

tak jest ok ? 

-----------------------------------------------------------

hello, i have the same problem as you entered in cfg?

that is OK ?

In the current Klipper documentation, the ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G appears as a common thermistor. So the configuration would be the following:
sensor_type: ATC Semitec 104NT-4-R025H42G

https://github.com/Klipper3d/klipper/blob/master/docs/Config_Reference.md#extruder (under: sensor_type)

• Like 1