HELP!!! FILAMENT CLOG IN THE MIDDLE.

Pradit

Question

12 answers to this question

Since you have the hotend disconnected and mostly dissembled I would suggest removing it completely from the plastic housing/carrier. That way you don't need to worry about damaging any of the other parts as you apply heat (which you could since you have no hot-end cooling fan all those metal parts will heat up).

• Like 1

Getting the plastic hot enough to get melty should get it mostly out. I had some difficulty when playing with Nylon that clogged on me. I resorted to getting a small drill bit and BY HAND drilling out as much of the plastic in my heatbreak area. This turned out to be another advantage of the Revo; it's a solid piece from the PTFE between the extruder and hotend and the nozzle outlet. So I could mechanically extract all the way down so there was only the last little bit in the actual orifice. From there I re-assembled everything and cranked up the heat, then ran some cleaning filament through.

• Like 1

It getting worst today.

It clog mid print.

And i tried to remove the nozzle at 210c and it broke the nozzle left half  of it inside the heat block.

IMG20230126144852.thumb.jpg.7f02cd8f703ca88ec4ae37292097b467.jpg

I wonder what s that white molten inside? I dont have white filament.

And the ptfe tube at the tp look fine.

IMG20230126145307.thumb.jpg.cf820078f5992f2207f7d192afa7ffad.jpg 

IMG20230126151627.thumb.jpg.ab975aab1334bc58873824c0f009693c.jpg

Hi,

Rule No. 1  - Never use brute force!

Rule No. 2 - Use brute force ONLY when you know what you are doing!

And for the clogs...

Usually a clog is formed when there is a heat/cooling problem. So the best way to remove a clog is to do exactly what you do not want to happen during a print: stop the cooling of the heat-block! Unplug the fan and depending on the filament, heat up the thing. (but usually 200 is enough). Use a needle or a piece of filament to resolve the problem. Done!

Another way to prevent clogs, ESPECIALLY on all metal hot-ends, is to use oil ! I saw you have a filament sponge filter... put some oil on that sponge and you'll forget about clogs! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, claudermilk said:

Yikes! Sorry to see that. You say you don't have white filament....that stuff in your nozzle looks a lot like PTFE tube material. Very strange.

Exactly but as u can see the ptfe on top wasnt damage.

Then where did it come from?

Btw how to get the remain nozzle out?

13 hours ago, eugen360 said:

Hi,

Rule No. 1  - Never use brute force!

Rule No. 2 - Use brute force ONLY when you know what you are doing!

And for the clogs...

Usually a clog is formed when there is a heat/cooling problem. So the best way to remove a clog is to do exactly what you do not want to happen during a print: stop the cooling of the heat-block! Unplug the fan and depending on the filament, heat up the thing. (but usually 200 is enough). Use a needle or a piece of filament to resolve the problem. Done!

Another way to prevent clogs, ESPECIALLY on all metal hot-ends, is to use oil ! I saw you have a filament sponge filter... put some oil on that sponge and you'll forget about clogs! 

Yes i really dont know how much force to apply. Only one hand turn while hot as anybody say it should work.

Filament stuck not just clog.

So the needle can't push up.

Can't pull from the top coz im afraid to break it like previous episode.

Left me no choice to take apart but cant unscrew the nozzle.

My knowledge is limit.

Edited by Pradit