Problem with Klipperscreen

Stadi

Question

I have the BTT 5.0 V2 Display and a Klipperscreen on my Voron. It works perfectly so far, except for the fact that my Display has a life of its own: Menus are changed sporadically, and depending on the active Display, functions are also started without anyone touching the Display. Today even a print was automatically restarted. I imagine there are always functions to choose from at the bottom of the screen. Does the Display have a bang or could it be for other reasons? Has anyone had such a problem or an idea of what it could be? Unfortunately, the support from BTT was not helpful

6 answers to this question

Might be a long shot but could the screen be dirty or have some residue on it that's accidentally triggering the touch (I'm assuming it's a capacitive touch screen). I've seen my phone screen randomly triggering when it's got water (rain) on it or  grease on it.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, smirk said:

Might be a long shot but could the screen be dirty or have some residue on it that's accidentally triggering the touch (I'm assuming it's a capacitive touch screen). I've seen my phone screen randomly triggering when it's got water (rain) on it or  grease on it.

The display is absolutely clean.  It shows this behavior right from the start, sometimes more sometimes less.  At first I thought it was the protective film, but it wasn't to blame.  I'm afraid it's the display itself that has a defect, but I don't want to buy a new one just to try it out.

to make sure, take it out of any printed case you may have made for it, see if it also does this all on its own..

I had it in the past wometimes that the case put some tension on the printplate or something, dont know, but it activated things... 

Just to make sure ... otherwise I woudnt knowm check all possible cables/connectors that there are to check..

Did you put in the flat cable right, since thats a bit of a pain... you need to flip a small lever on the back of the connector before putting in the cable. (hard to miss, easy to break)

• Thanks 1

Good to hear. This is why I hate ribbon cables. I was overjoyed when PCs moved away from the old ATA interface to SATA--ditching all those crummy ribbon cables for the small USB-like cables. I also look at the printer mods adding ribbon cables and think to myself "Why ever would you do that to yourself? Are you a masochist?"

• Like 1

The cable and the associated plug is the biggest crap. I have a Pi with Octoprint and external display on my Anycubich, it took forever until I had a stable connection. I never touched the cable again to keep it from moving.
I'm surprised that there aren't any alternatives for the Pi displays and cameras