Hello from Ontario, Canada

Razor1666

I started my 3d printing adventure a few years back now with an Ender 3 Pro. I was instantly hooked. I printed 24/7 for a good 6 months with great success. I also purchased a ER-20 to help scratch that itch.  

Then I discovered the Voron community..... WOW!!   🙂  

I'm currently in the process of converting an Ender 3 to a Switchwire. Frame and motion system is done. Clockwork 2 extruder put together last night. Stealthburner build before the weekend. Fingers crossed. Those neopixels are tiny...lol

Then the daunting task of wiring begins. I purchased the Hartk PCB to simpify things. I hope.

Great to be here

Wish me luck!

PS I have a few questions which I will post in the appropriate forums.

PXL_20221216_222220637.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to following this journey. 

4 hours ago, Razor1666 said:

PS I have a few questions which I will post in the appropriate forums.

Ask away -you'll find plenty of knowledgeable people here happy to help

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to be. I'll be good to see how you get on with your Switchwire conversion, I've an Ender 3 and I'm tempted as well. I quite like the idea of the Core XZ kinematics and the need to only have 3 drive motors.

Definitely loads of helpful and experienced people here, you can ask in the FAQ section or if you just want a discussion there's also the General Discussion section, there again (granted you're far on in the build) running a build diary is a great way of interacting with the community.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, smirk said:

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to be. I'll be good to see how you get on with your Switchwire conversion, I've an Ender 3 and I'm tempted as well. I quite like the idea of the Core XZ kinematics and the need to only have 3 drive motors.

Definitely loads of helpful and experienced people here, you can ask in the FAQ section or if you just want a discussion there's also the General Discussion section, there again (granted you're far on in the build) running a build diary is a great way of interacting with the community.

Thanks. I'll be off over the holidays, so hope to complete my build. I have to remember to stop and take pics as I go for a build diary. 🙂  I was going to do a belted Z on my Ender but thought I would give the SW a go.  I'm very interested in the Core-XZ kinetics and going to direct drive for the first time. Ultimate goal is Core XY of course but wanted to make sure I can handle this build first.  I plan on tapping into the knowledge here. Everyone here so far has been very supportive. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...