Hello from ... my house :D

Catlord

Hi there,
i'm french, I 3d print since 8 years around. I started with an ultimaker original + then ender 3, ender3 pro then prusa, rusa clone ( FYSETC) then a Saturn ( I still havre to sart rein printing since months...) and now .. a Voron 2.4 350.

I have baught a FYSETC kit (not knowing the trouble around FYSETC and voron...) received ... today !

I have to print a shit ton of pieces , first for a prusa box then for the Voron.

I'm struggling in the jungle of " what  piece should be printed ?!" It's a bit hard to find the correct information when you don't know where to start.

It's also a bit hard to decide wether you place maximum piece on the plate to print or place it by theme or even accent or not accent or all pieces same solord etc...

I will start a topic about my struggles and the information I will gather thru my journey.

see you around 😉

Welcome to the forum, the right place to ask questions. 

3 hours ago, Catlord said:

I'm struggling in the jungle of " what  piece should be printed ?!" It's a bit hard to find the correct information when you don't know where to start.

I just used the Voron Github page,  which you can download:

https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2 

and then printed the accent parts first (those marked with an (a)_ before the part name. (The ones in a different color to your main color)

There are also spreadsheets you can use that lets you tick off the lists as you print - see this thread for some very good examples:

Look at the ones from @Demosth,  @Dajo and @Buurman in that thread and see which you find suits your needs best.

It's also a bit hard to decide wether you place maximum piece on the plate to print or place it by theme or even accent or not accent or all pieces same solord etc.

Accent colors need to be printed separately and if your printer is well tuned, you can print a full plate of the parts.

When doing this, ensure you have an OBJECT_EXCLUDE function so you can eliminate parts that fail during the print. Also it take longer to print. My advice would be to print smaller plates to start with. I, personally will do a plate of each section in the stl directory e.g electronics, gantry - Xaxis ,Gantry- Axis, Panels, etc, have some ziplock bags and put the parts in the bag after the print, then mark the bag so I know where to find the part when I need those during the build.

I will start a topic about my struggles and the information I will gather thru my journey.

Great to hear you will start a build diary - you will find LOTS of helpful people, more than happy to answer your questions. Looking forward to your journey.

Welcome again and happy building

Welcome aboard! You have joined an excellent community full of lots of helpful and clever people so a great place to get answers to those questions.

At the risk of adding another thing to think about 😉 I would suggest that you consider running a build diary for your new machine.It is a great way to interact with the community and let people see what you are up to and how you are getting along. Besides which, we just all love seeing Vorons being built 🤪