Hello from the Pacific Northwest

ken226

Hello everyone.  New Voron builder and owner here from the Pacific Northwest.

I just finished a Voron 2.4 300mm build from a Voronkits.com kit.  I finished it a couple days ago, and am currently getting the software and firmware dialed in.

It's been a learning experience, for sure.  I've built several CNC milling machines before, but those were based on Windows PC's and ran Mach3 software. This Linux stuff may as well have been written in Klingon.

Nonetheless, its finished and running like a champ!  Now its time to get some chamber lighting installed.

Forgive the two tables serving as my temporary workbench.  It's too cold to work out in the shop right now.

IMG-20221205-153650936.jpg

Edited by ken226

Welcome aboard! That's a very nice looking machine you have there 🙂 and you will certainly find plenty of advice and support here when it comes to getting it dialled in.....and no doubt a few suggestions on various mods to add to it. If you have not already stumbled onto it I would recommend Andrew Ellis' print tuning guide, essentially the gold standard when it comes to getting the machine dialed in.

6 hours ago, ken226 said:

Forgive the two tables serving as my temporary workbench.  It's too cold to work out in the shop right now.

Nothing to forgive, you're being practical. I'm just grateful I've got V0s so they only need a small wooden side  table each.

Welcome to the forum, Good looking Unit which will give you many a hour of happy printing

7 hours ago, ken226 said:

Now its time to get some chamber lighting installed

Oh I like where you're going. Mod mod mod.....

Welcome to the forum and nice build. @smirk already got in with the Ellis tuning guide link--there's a reason we all push that so much. You've also fallen down our favorite rabbit hole here: mods.

The TV tray stands are both amusing and scary once that printer starts flinging the tool head around. An IKEA Lack table is a popular table for these printers and I think a 300 should still fit on one. my 250 Trident and Prua Mini both live on Lack tables and they work great.