Another Dutchy entering the scene!

Zeno

Ola! Zeno from the Netherlands here. Been building all kinds of stuff for a long time (from fine woodworking, to custom electric skateboards and fpv drones). 

Being fairly new to the 3D printing game (+/- 2yrs) I've taken up designing in fusion360 and have been running an Ultimaker 2+ and more recently a kingroon kp3s. The ulti is being driven by octoprint and will be converting the kingroon to klipper. 

I'll probably be starting a V-Zero build pretty soon (kit on it's way). Although after reading about the Annex K3 I'm contemplating that decision. 🥶

Hi Zeno

Welcome aboard, you can never have too many Dutch on a forum! The Annex K3 is an interesting machine but don't second guess yourself, the V0 is also an excellent machine. 120^3 is plenty, what on earth would you do with the other 4.1m cm^3 anyway 🤪 besides there's all those other Vorons which you will have to build.....

Seriously, though, the V0 is a great machine and you will find yourself in good company on this forum (not just with your fellow countrymen) there's a great mix of helpful and knowledgeable people here and I am sure you will fit right in with your background.

Please also consider a build diary for your new V0, or even an Annex K3, we just love Build Diaries and they are a brilliant way to interact with the community and share experiences.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome @smirk 🙂 

Have no CLUE what to do with the extra 4.1 cm^3 😛 . But honestly wasn't so much about the build(plate) space, but more about reading here and there that the k3 can achieve higher speeds whilst going for 'quality' prints (quality wins from speed to me). And just seeing how it is setup it does indeed intrigue me.

But you are probably right, shouldn't second guess myself; fat chance I can cancel the order anyway. 

I'll definitely try to keep up a build diary! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Zeno - happy to have you here. As @smirk says - can never have too many Duchies (me being one myself) or V0's in the forum Even got @Buurman to build one and now he is printing carbon fibre on it . Great machine the V0 - so capable and beautiful prints. Have two operating and shhhhhh - don't tell anyone, especially not @smirk, I am building another. Obviously highly modded (a Boxed Tri=zer0 - V0).

A build diary will be great - we love those!

Welcome again

• Haha 1

Aaaah Welcome Zeno!!! good to see you here!! You had a warm welcome already, im just extending that, like I said, you'l find exelent resources here and help if you need it from some GOM's who love spending their time here... Even if they are grumpy and have thick thumbs, they also managed to build V0's, so you be ok!!! great desicion, great machine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1