LED for the enclosure

Wardad5

Question

Hello,

I am wondering if there are any recommendations for LED strips for a Voron 2.4 350? I would love to be able to plug them into the board and control it via klipper and macros. I got some and apparently to make them work would involve a ton of work, and I will be honest, I am looking for something a bit more plug and play. Any advice?

4 answers to this question

What did you get? What controller do you have?

On my Trident I got a meter of WS2812B (NeoPixels) that I cut to size and wired up. After much research, I ended up plugging them into the appropriate pins on the BL Touch port on my Octopus V1.1 board. One nice thing making this an easy-ish install is they are 5V LEDs, so the board port can power them directly. From there It was just tweaking macros to get the effects I want.

Yeah, that doesn't look right. Here's what I got: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B088BRY2SH

It wired up really easy and plugged right in to the controller. Again, I'm using the 5V, GND, and signal pins on the BL Touch port. Define the NeoPixel strip in the config file using the signal pin ID, and it just works.