New Greenhorn from Germany

Stadi

Hello everyone, I'm the new one from Germany.
First of all, I would like to apologize for the probably bad English, since English lessons from my school days were a long time ago, I let Goggle Translator help me.

Professionally I process plastic in the injection molding process. I discovered the hobby of 3D printing about 2 years ago. My first and so far only printer is an Anycubic i3 Mega S.
I have been able to gain a lot of experience with this through optimizations, extensions and conversions.
All in all I'm happy with the i3 now, it prints pretty much everything I put in front of it but sometimes only after a bit of fidgeting.
So I started looking for something new and better and got stuck with the Voron 2.4r2.
The parts have now been ordered and the i3 is already busy printing the parts.
I don't really see any problems with the mechanical and electrical assembly. I still have respect for the firmware, clipper and programming, I have no idea about that so far.
I hope I can get a little help from you on the points I don't understand.

That should have been it for now, I'm glad to have found this forum. I've checked the discord, but that's not my thing.

Many greetings
Stadi

Welcome Stadi! I too am new to the board, but not to 3d printing. Been printing for 8 years now and just finished my V2.4127 350mm. It is a great machine once you have it tuned and running right. Let me know if you have any questions about my build or yours. I am also active on the discord, but happy to lend a hand from here as well. Good luck with the build!

Welcome aboard Stadi! I think a few members share your view  regards the discord. It is a really good resource but it's nature can make it a challenge to effectively engage. This is definitely a good forum with lots of helpful and knowledgeable people so we are always willing to help.

Since you're a new member with a new build in the pipeline, I shall issue my usual heartfelt plea - please consider a build diary for your new machine. It is a great way to interact with the community, share experiences and gain help and advice. Besides we all love a good build diary 🤣

Welcome to the forum! You will find plenty of knowledgeable people willing to help out with any stage of the build.

I think most of are here as a respite from the Discord. Not to take anything away from it--that the oficial support channel. I did get invaluable help there while building my printer. But sometimes it's like trying to drink from a firehose.

Consider starting a build diary when you get started, we love those here.