Aussie with a Switchwire

joho

Welcome @joho. Am in  Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and just finished a switch wire build. Self sourced the parts. Great printer. Sure you would enjoy it. Happy printing. Post some of the mods you intend to make. What do you intend to print? PLA or ABS. Thought not meant to, I did enclose my switchwire and just finished printing all the parts for a Voron 0 in ABS. Done a build diary of the build - feel free to browse. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 5:34 PM, mvdveer said:

Post some of the mods you intend to make. What do you intend to print? PLA or ABS. Thought not meant to, I did enclose my switchwire and just finished printing all the parts for a Voron 0 in ABS.

Thanks.

I am planning on printing PLA and ABS. The one I bought came with a pretty bodgy corflute enclosure, so one of my first jobs is making a decent enclosure. That segues well in to the mods I'm looking at - I haven't picked the exact one yet, but I'm looking at the various ventilation mods and working out which one I can adapt to my needs.

I have a MQ2 smoke sensor and a temp sensor I was going to mount to the exhaust as well. Temp so I can PID control the exhaust, and smoke I was going to use as a synthetic klipper "emergency stop" button. It won't be my only fire protection, but is a bit of a fun project combined with a bit of hopefully early detection/defense in depth.

I was also looking at filament feeding options. I'm going to be adding a runout session, and trying to figure out a good place to put it and how to route the filament into the enclosure and still maintain good z height.

• Like 1