Euclid Probe Macros. Failure when chamber hot?

mvdveer

Question

Have experienced an interesting and reproducible error in the Euclid Probe. When starting the printer afresh - all works well. Macros execute without a hitch or error. However, after about 12 hours print time - After the probe is deposited back in the cradle - the macro throws an error complaining it cannot determine whether probe is deployed or not. Restarting firmware or even a reboot of the system, does not solve the problem.

However, when I physically replace the probe with another in the dock (spare probe - I always have a spare), all the macros work flawlessly. Until, this probe to, heats up and causes the same error.

Changing back to the original probe at this point, causes no errors. 

And this error can be reproduced and corrected as described above. In my mind this just doesn't make sense. Why would the heated chamber cause an error in the conductivity of the magnets of the probe? 

3 answers to this question

Could it somehow be related to the soldering job on the probe part? In other words, when it heats up maybe it loses it's connection to the switch? Or maybe it's a defective switch that fails with heat?

You might be able to test some of these theories using a voltmeter after the probe has been in the chamber for a while to heat up.

Remember that the endstop circuits are NC wiring.

Edited by DennisM
  • Like 1

HI @DennisM Not the soldering on the probes. Happens with 3 different probes. Going to replace the receiver on the hot end to see if that solves the problem. Could also be the macros - thus going to try v5 Euclid macros. Wiring is NC, not the issue, I think. Failing this will try the clicky macros as the principle is the same as Euclid. Thanks 

Found the answer - was starting to get more errors with the probe and some very inconstant readings on probing. Have replaced the Euclid receiver on the toolhead and all is WELL. Thank you @DennisM for your input and getting me out of my tunnel view of macros as the problem

• Like 1