Jump to content

Probe samples exceed samples tolerance


dgrosen
 Share

Go to solution Solved by MoyaEdge,

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, dgrosen said:

Hi all. I am finishing my VORON 2.4 build and running the initial setup.I get !! Probe samples exceed samples_tolerance error when running QUAD_GANTRY_LEVEL. This happens on Z1 and not sure how to fix it. Please help

What I did:

Start by changing the tolerance in the printer.cfg file to a larger number. I think the default is 0.0075. (for example change to 0.01) Once you have a successful QGL, change this to tighter tolerances (smaller values), doing a QGL after each change, till you reach 0.0075 again.

The other tolerance can be at the probe level (in [probe] section. Again increase the tolerance till you get a successful probe, then tighten up these values again. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a few other thoughts:

If you are using an inductive probe, probe on a cold bed, not whilst it is heating or cooling as this will affect the tolerances as well.

Ensure all the Z-Belts are equally tensioned and probe points and motor positions are defined for the build volume. (250, 300 or 350mm)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

What I did:

Start by changing the tolerance in the printer.cfg file to a larger number. I think the default is 0.0075. (for example change to 0.01) Once you have a successful QGL, change this to tighter tolerances (smaller values), doing a QGL after each change, till you reach 0.0075 again.

The other tolerance can be at the probe level (in [probe] section. Again increase the tolerance till you get a successful probe, then tighten up these values again. 

Thanks so much. This is very helpful. I will try all your tips and report back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

I had random failures for months then 1 day it failed in 1 Z motor or 2 Z motors.  Very frustrating.

Issue was that the set screws in some of the Z motors pulleys got loose with all the printing I had done.  I had used threadlock on all the set screws but the large pulley was likely the problem. 

The large pulley set screw travels really far with the threadlock that I used originally but it left it behind the threadlock at the beginning of the travel...so none or little was left when it got to the shaft!  Over time, the vibration loosened the set screws even more and caused more failures randomly. 😠

Before you go dissassemble your Voron, you can check by moving slowly each large pulley with your finger and notice if the belt and small pulley move immediately.  If there's an immediate movement of the belted parts, it might be something else as mentioned by mvdeer.   But if there's a slight lag, you got a loose set screw on large or small pulley.  You will need to add more treadlock and re-tighten.  Good luck, it was a long road for me to get this far.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...