Hi from The Netherlands

Flying Dutchman

Hi I'm Flying Dutchman I'm from the Netherlands as you might have guesed. ๐Ÿ˜‰
I'm a professional designer / photographer / webdesigner and artist anything creative basically.
My toolkit of choice is most of the Adobe CC set, Joomla, Wordpress and Fusion 360.
I'm self employed at my own design studio.

I'm currently building a Voron 2.4 300mm from a Formbot kit and PIF parts.
In my search for more information about things to maybe change during the build, I came across this community.
Seemed a good place to be.

My main goal for the Voron is printing quality parts for my clients and my drones (my other big passion hence the name).
My current setup is a modded Ender 5 (dual z-axis, touch screen etc.) and an almost stock Anycubic Mega.
The quality from both is ok, but it takes forever to print something. I'd like some faster iterations.

So... on with the build... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Nice to meet you all.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum Fellow Dutchman. There are a few of us on this forum and although I live at the other end of the world (Australia) , I still visit Friesland yearly. (Mmmhhh - pre covid that was - last trip was 2019, next one planned for 2023) Both I and @Buurmanย have recently finished 2.4r2 builds. I self sourced mine but after reading the experiences of Buurman with his formbot ย kits, I ordered a Formbot kit, to compare the experience of kit vs self sourcing. It seems this it would be obvious.

Would love to see a build diary of your progress. A very helpful group of people. Friendly and informative.

"welkom op het forum"

Welcome to the forum! As @mvdveer says a really friendly bunch of people here, it's a good forum, and we do love a good build diary. It'll definitely be good to have more Fusion360 expertise as well. Hopefully, you'll get your portent of doomย  Voron 2.4 completed and not be doomed to wander theย  digital seas for eternity.....however,you have now sold your soul to TeamFDM.....

Thank you mvdveer I had the idea you might be Dutch saw your name in several posts. I'm from Limburg. Just starting my 2.4r2 build, Formbot kit arrived Friday last and the PIF prints are comming in next week. Can't wait to start. Obviously I have no experience yet with Voron builds, but I do recognise good parts. I'm very pleased with what is send in the Fomrbot kit for the money it's really hard to beat self-sourcing. I self source my most of the stuff for my FPV drones but that is becomming more and more difficult. I guess so is the stuff needed for printers.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I self source my most of the stuff for my FPV drones but that is becomming more and more difficult. I guess so is the stuff needed for printers.

Yah, I think we are witnessing the end of an 'era' of abundance for online shopping.

7 minutes ago, Simon2.4 said:

Yah, I think we are witnessing the end of an 'era' of abundance for online shopping.

Right now prices are up and stuff is constantly out of stock. But everything moves in waves I learned, it will pick up again at one point. But the times of flying stuff around the world for free delivery is comming to an end, maybe not such a bad thing to be honest. Will be better for the environment and local economy aswel.

• Like 1