Omron Probe and PCB wiring

mvdveer

Question

May sound like a stupid question but I am confused with the notation on the Omron TL-05MC2-Z inductive sensor regarding wiring. Two questions:

Brown = 10 to 30V DC, Blue = 0V, Black OUTPUT

Normally brown would be power, Black ground and Blue signal. In the Voron Manuals, Brown designated as positive and Blue as negative.

1. Am I correct in this assumption That the black on the probe is signal?

2. Wiring to the Hark PCB which has a Bat85 diode build in - is it just straight plug and play?  

Thank you for your advice

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, madorax said:

is the accuracy better than bltouch?

Wouldn't know - will be the first time I use this. Have used BL Touch on all printers other than Voron. Already having some issues with PROBE_CALIBRATE - may be the magnets in the bed. Have to exclude the location of the magnets in the  probing points. My safe home was over a magnet and I think that may have caused the issue of inconsistencies in calibrating

7 hours ago, madorax said:

is the accuracy better than bltouch?

Guess it depends on how you define "accuracy" I think in terms of how small a gap you want to measure (as it were) then there's probably not much between a bltouch and a [good quality] inductive probe like an omron. However, as  @mvdveer highlights you are at the mercy of the medium you're sensing. I'm not a physicist but the physics of inductive probes really works best with iron ( and less well for stainless steel, even less well for aluminium, even less well for cream-cheese 😉 ) so guess we're already onto a loser with our aluminium print beds which is then made worse by the inclusion of rare-earth metals (magnets) (or the reliability/consistency of the build plate) which will affect the "effectiveness"/ "accuracy" of the inductive probe (in terms of sensing across the entire bed). Guess there's a reason people keep using things like bltouch,  klicky or euclid probes 🤔

• Like 1