Experience with the E3D REVO VORON? anyone?

Buurman

Question

I am curious about this hotend, besides being expensive, I do like the technology.

The heating is totally different, and ofcourse the swapping of nozzles is genius.

Big disadvantage seems the price of a new nozzle... about 20/25 eurodollars.

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Buurman said:

I am curious about this hotend, besides being expensive, I do like the technology.

The heating is totally different, and ofcourse the swapping of nozzles is genius.

Big disadvantage seems the price of a new nozzle... about 20/25 eurodollars.

Have these on all my printers. One of the best decisions I have made. Reliable and easy nozzle change. You pay for what you get - quality. I had a faulty heater core on one unit and this was replaced hassle free by e3d uk at no cost. Not only did they replace it but shipped it via Fedex free of charge.   

I see it as an investment and longterm most likely a better cost effective solution. 

This may be the future of hotends

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mvdveer said:

Have these on all my printers. One of the best decisions I have made. Reliable and easy nozzle change. You pay for what you get - quality. I had a faulty heater core on one unit and this was replaced hassle free by e3d uk at no cost. Not only did they replace it but shipped it via Fedex free of charge.   

I see it as an investment and longterm most likely a better cost effective solution. 

Well, if they were about 10 eurodollars I agree... 😛 

But cool, thanks.. I should have known you have a pile of them in a corner somewhere... I will switch to these bad boys and clean my nozzle instead of throwing them away more often I guess... (facepalm) 

3 hours ago, mvdveer said:

all-of-this-pointing.gif.bc615a31ef3012b63eab0b3b946a770f.gif

I love my Revo. Voron on the Trident, Micro on the prua Mini. One had a defective heater, but E3D replaced quickly and it's been perfect ever since. Both of mine were pre-orders, so early runs and I'll assume they were still dialing in things. I expect failure rate will drop quickly.

The nozzles are great, stupid easy to replace as several YouTubers have demonstrated. The price seems ok to me. One, it's a new technology. Two, it's both the nozzle and the heatbreak--if you add up the price of a typical nozzle and a typical heatbreak the price isn't that far off.

• Like 2