hi from new zealand

jubilant

Hi Jubilant!

Welcome aboard, always good to meet new members. You'll find it is really friendly and welcoming on the forum with a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people.

What particularly brought you to this forum?

Smirk

4 hours ago, smirk said:

Hi Jubilant!

Welcome aboard, always good to meet new members. You'll find it is really friendly and welcoming on the forum with a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people.

What particularly brought you to this forum?

Smirk

so im an avid voron builder, my current machine is a 2.4 serial v2.1185 and im making another machine so just taking a look around at some o the current mods that people are making.

im looking for an elegant way to move the x axis switch onto the tool head so that i can remove my chains and use an umbillical.

• Like 1

Aha! A new Voron being birthed! Now you have sold your soul to TeamFDM (you did read the small print?) you "must" create a Build Diary so we can all follow along. Seriously, though,  it is a great way to share ideas and inspire other members. @mvdveer has just allegedly finished a 2.4 build but  is really entering the "modding" phase

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, smirk said:

. @mvdveer has just allegedly finished a 2.4 build but  is really entering the "modding" phase

So true - Do you EVER finish building a Voron. Don't tell me there won't be a Voron 2.5? Oh noooooo - what will I do, Ahhhhhh - there is always the mods. Stress over

17 minutes ago, mvdveer said:

So true - Do you EVER finish building a Voron. Don't tell me there won't be a Voron 2.5? Oh noooooo - what will I do, Ahhhhhh - there is always the mods. Stress over

would you believe that i only recently changed from a bltouch to klicky!!

1 hour ago, jubilant said:

would you believe that i only recently changed from a bltouch to klicky!!

Yeah I would, as I have a VZBOT printing beautifully with a BL touch, a Ender 3V2 with afterburner and BL touch and a Ender 5 with a EZABL probe. To scared to change as the printers are still doing what they supposed to with existing probes. Build the Voron 2.4 with an Euclid probe and love it. Will eventually change the others over. However I am going to strip down my Ender 5 plus and Ender 5 and try and use some of the frames for a Trident 350 build. Shhhhhhh - don't tell @smirk. Have a frame kit and self sourced parts for a switch wire - may be the next build.