Hi from Gloucestershire, UK

Immo1282

Hi all ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm an electronic engineer/mediocre musician from Gloucestershire in the UK. First got into 3d printing about 6-7 years ago, put together a Prusa MK2 and it's been rock solid ever since. The v0.1 speedboats caught my eye and figured I'd put together a v0.1 as I've not printed anything that wouldn't fit on a V0 bed in about four years & the Prusa is starting to show it's age a bit.

I'm much better at starting projects than finishing them so hopefully that doesn't hold for the 0.1! It's a small enough build that it should be doable before the momentum dies. My main side-project is converting a car to electric drive - but that's been at a standstill for an embarassingly long time so the less said there the better...

Got a pile of parts ready and I'm keen to start my build as soon as the last bits finish printing/arrive.

Welcome to the forum, glad you've got the energy to type in this heat. Won't be long before all you need is a piping bag to print out that molten plastic.

I would highly recommend that you start a build diary for your v0.1, that way you can use the power of peer pressure and public shame to keep the momentum going on the build.....although clearly I'm applying the rules of do-as-i-say-not-as-i-do since I have no shame about how lazy I am......

• Like 1

Welcome to teh TeamFDM community!

ย 

I'm much better atย startingย projects than finishing them so hopefully that doesn't hold for the 0.1! It's a small enough build that it should be doable before the momentum dies

I think this represents a large portion of us, me included. Having other people spur you on in the community is. a huge help!

• Like 2