Hello from Louisiana!

Sweep377

Hi!  I haven't been part of a forum in years, but I find myself visiting this one a good bit.  There are a lot of creatives here!

I am a mechanical engineer.  I've worked in many different fields from design, manufacturing and utilities.  I much prefer design and I'm currently a sr design engineer with an aftermarket atv/utv company.

I'm not really new to 3D printing but new-ish to corexy. I've built two voron 2.4's and I'm working on a third. 

Glad to be part of the forum!

• Like 1

While I remember you should definitely consider creating  a build diary for your third 2.4 (even if you have started). You clearly have a good deal of experience with them (I wouldn't describe you as "newish" to corexy 😉 ) so it would be really great to share your insights and experiences with them.

• Like 1

Welcome to the TeamFDM community. SO glad you took the opportunity to join. I look forward to seeing some contribution and definitely prefer the forum format for hobbies like ours. I love watching people HELP other people and not just take take take!

• Like 1

Thanks!  I'll do what I can to help! I definitely like this forum format over discord.

I have a ton of hobbies and these printers will definitely help me with those hobbies.  We have an F370 that I use at work to make prototypes and tooling. I love being able to tune my Voron rather than be locked into the F370 settings and their specific filaments.

Here's an example of a piece of tooling that we use.  We use these tooling fixtures to help set up bends relative to pre-coped DOM to make control arms.  The abs holds up really well.  We bend 100's of jobs with these before printing new ones. 

sweep377.thumb.PNG.a140c6f8b21b1d954ae92f66ee1ea9a1.PNG

3D printed parts in everyday applications. That's what makes this hobby so interesting. 

Other than the build, I probably enjoy tuning the machine as much.

• Like 1