Voron 2.4 one piece front door.

Planning to build a 2.4 after the summer, but I'm thinking going a 1 piece door instead of the 2 standard ones for a better seal.

I thought using the 3 of the 270 hinges and something like the snap latches to close it combined with a door handle.

Was wondering or someone did something similar and how they executed it.

Edited by Francois

• Francois changed the title to Voron 2.4 one piece front door.
  • 4 weeks later...

I did.  I made a custom front panel ordered from sendcutsend.  Then used the removable front door hinge from https://github.com/VoronDesign/VoronUsers/tree/master/printer_mods/ElPoPo/RemovableDoors.  Currently the image shows some annex panel clips keeping it tight but I've since converted all those into magnetic panel clips.  What size printer do you have? I only have it set up for the 350mm V2 currently but it wouldn't take long to adapt it.

image.png

14 hours ago, stillnotaduck said:

I did.  I made a custom front panel ordered from sendcutsend.  Then used the removable front door hinge from https://github.com/VoronDesign/VoronUsers/tree/master/printer_mods/ElPoPo/RemovableDoors.  Currently the image shows some annex panel clips keeping it tight but I've since converted all those into magnetic panel clips.  What size printer do you have? I only have it set up for the 350mm V2 currently but it wouldn't take long to adapt it.

image.png

Also got a v2.4 350, but i'm still experimenting with various options, i also have seen someone use the hinges you use but oversized them.

Edited by Francois