Stupid question.....

Sir_Eric

I'm building a 2.4 with AfterBurner, but had the same question. The answer I came to was to get two of the PCBs and use one in the electronics bay. Make a DIN rail mount for it and now its Molex down and easy crimp wires in the bay.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, red6rick said:

I'm building a 2.4 with AfterBurner, but had the same question. The answer I came to was to get two of the PCBs and use one in the electronics bay. Make a DIN rail mount for it and now its Molex down and easy crimp wires in the bay.

I like that idea better than straight to the board. Mu V0.1 has the Umbilical, and that makes sense to me. Those wires will need replaced some day, and it will be a simple job.

8 hours ago, Sir_Eric said:

Never heard of them. What country are they in?

They might be Italian, doing a bit of rummaging and their hosting IP address (and hosting company Netsons) are Italian. Just a guess, not sure if that makes then any more legit but the hosting doesn't seem to be coming up as "dodgy"/"darkweb". However, it looks like the website(3dptronics.com) was only registered in January this year (2022), so potentially they're only 6 months old.

As I say, that's not a an opinion on the company (I don't know them either) but there doesn't seem to be any red-flags coming up (known hacker/scammer site).

• Thanks 1

I just bought a Stealthburner PCB from Amazon. It's from 3D Geek Station. The toolhead PCB is "C" shaped and there's also a rectangular breakout PCB for inside the chassis. It came with connectors and pins. Cost was ~$38.00

SB PCB.jpg

9 hours ago, Penatr8tor said:

I just bought a Stealthburner PCB from Amazon. It's from 3D Geek Station. The toolhead PCB is "C" shaped and there's also a rectangular breakout PCB for inside the chassis. It came with connectors and pins. Cost was ~$38.00

SB PCB.jpg

That is awsome. The other previous option from 3dptronics is too hard for me to purchase.  The shipping was more than the cost of the board, and the only form of payment they would take was a check.

And this one is purple. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir_Eric said:

And this one is purple. 

Yeah, At least mine came in purple. I snapped that photo from my desktop. The workmanship looks pretty solid so I'm fairly confident it can withstand the rigors of 3d printing.

Here's a link in case you didn't already find it. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09YGGNK3D?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• Thanks 1