Hello from Calgary, Canada

Raymond-Canada

Hello:

My names is Raymond and I am from Calgary Canada.

I have been 3d printing for almost 5 years.

I have been working in the 3d printing industry for over 3 years at a local shop called Spool3d.ca. We service, sell and supply 3d printers and parts.

My other hobbies include, tinkering in the garage and building stuff. I have a lathe and a mini mill to play with. That's why I am building a Voron 2.4 R2 @ 350x350. I got the Formbot kit,  I like a challenge.

Anyways thakx for letting me join.

Edited by Raymond-Canada

Hi Raymond

Welcome to the forum, you'll find it's a great place to be. Lots of friendly helpful people. It'll be interesting to see more about your Voron 2.4 build, my 0.1's are both Formbot kits and I've been really pleased with the quality of the kit. So a 2.4 strikes me as a logical next step (well it makes sense in my head). It would be great if you started a build diary on the site.

On 6/24/2022 at 12:34 AM, smirk said:

Hi Raymond

Welcome to the forum, you'll find it's a great place to be. Lots of friendly helpful people. It'll be interesting to see more about your Voron 2.4 build, my 0.1's are both Formbot kits and I've been really pleased with the quality of the kit. So a 2.4 strikes me as a logical next step (well it makes sense in my head). It would be great if you started a build diary on the site.

Thankx for the welcome.

I am actually just about done it. Just a couple of wiring things to do and then on to software and firmware. Klipper will be different for me but I am sure I can get through it. Been mostly using Marlin till now. I found that the Formbot kit to be a wise choice. Everything seem to be in order and of decent quality for the price. The only thing I have swapped out is the bed. I went with a bed that does not have a sheet of magnet. The bed I went with has smaller round magnets that are very strong and I put a PCB board in for easy of wiring and replacing of heaters and such. 

9 hours ago, Raymond-Canada said:

Klipper will be different for me but I am sure I can get through it

The first time I tried klipper it was a disaster 🤣 (very much a developer product written by a developer.....I have a dim view of developers 😉 ) Having said that it has really come along in terms of the available documentation and, I think, has become much more accessible. With all the excellent work that the Voron team have put in they have taken so much of the heart ache out of getting it working. In fact I've converted the rest of my printers to klipper and it is now something that I would generally recommend. I am absolutely blown away by the resonance compensation (using an ADXL345). Having only played with accelerometers for robotics, I am in awe of it in terms of what it does for 3D printing. Hmmm.....sounds like I'm a convert.....bloody developers with their black magic getting into your head.....

So I'm sure you'll definitely "get through it"

• Like 1