stop spamming email notifications as standard policy

teus

I just made an account. By default, I'm following every forum there is, and I get an email for ANYTHING happening on the forum. 
I would like to point out that this is stupid, obnoxious and in violation of the EU GPDR law. I never consented to any of these message notifications, and it's pretty damn difficult to figure out the notifications. I want a notification for the threads I participate in, so that means I need to unfollow every subforum one by one. 

I will review the initial email notifications.

At the bottom of each email you have a link to set you subscription preferences. 

Additionally, you can visit your notification settings any time, including removing all forum email notifications with one click by visiting your notification preferences https://www.teamfdm.com/notifications/options/

Thank you for the feedback!

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2022 at 2:48 AM, teus said:

I just made an account. By default, I'm following every forum there is, and I get an email for ANYTHING happening on the forum. 
I would like to point out that this is stupid, obnoxious and in violation of the EU GPDR law. I never consented to any of these message notifications, and it's pretty damn difficult to figure out the notifications. I want a notification for the threads I participate in, so that means I need to unfollow every subforum one by one. 

You can actually change that. by setting your notifications, not to receive any.

1.image.thumb.png.fd9ab10754060f8ce8cf386daab4e97c.png

2.Click on the Bell

3. Click on Notification settings

4. Click on Topic in settings,. e.g

image.thumb.png.df2025fb6008201df2649772bbe4799e.png

In this case Mentions& My content.

Unclick Email

5.Do this for all the other topics

^. No more email notifications.

Hope this helps

• Like 1