Hello from Seattle

motocoder

Hello all, and thank you for the warm welcome. 

I am an (electrical and software) engineer with a large software company in the Seattle area. I have a couple of 3D printers, both heavily modified Prusa MK3S. I also have a Voron v0.1 kit that I have not assembled yet, but am hoping to start on next week. I got into 3D printing about 4 years ago, and immediately found it to be my most favored hobby. I mostly print functional parts - not really into the decorative stuff outside of the occasional holiday ornament. I also have a GlowForge laser cutter. 

I found out about this place on a Voron v0 group on FaceBook. 

• Like 1

Welcome, you will enjoy the Voron 0 build. Was the first printer I build from scratch - no kit. Heavily modified an Ender 3v2, Ender5, Ender 5 Plus and changed a Tronxy x5sa to a VZBot. Currently building a Voron 2.4r2 from self sourced parts.

On 6/20/2022 at 5:54 AM, claudermilk said:

Welcome to the forum! Consider starting a build diary when you get going on the V0.

Thanks. I'm planning on doing it with my older (grown up) son, as a father and son project. So will probably be focused on that.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 1:11 AM, mvdveer said:

Welcome, you will enjoy the Voron 0 build. Was the first printer I build from scratch - no kit. Heavily modified an Ender 3v2, Ender5, Ender 5 Plus and changed a Tronxy x5sa to a VZBot. Currently building a Voron 2.4r2 from self sourced parts.

Thanks! 

• Like 1