Introduction from me

Rennie

Many thanks for the friendly reception. Ima from Hannover, Germany I'm new to Voron, just building a V 2.4 R2 which is very interesting.

Unfortunately encountered a problem with the PL 05 Probe and may have to replace it with a Klicky. The rest is finished but still needs to be tested and calibrated, I'm curious. I chose this printer because I wanted to work a lot with ABS. So now i look around a bit in this area.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 12:13 AM, Rennie said:

Many thanks for the friendly reception. Ima from Hannover, Germany I'm new to Voron, just building a V 2.4 R2 which is very interesting.

Unfortunately encountered a problem with the PL 05 Probe and may have to replace it with a Klicky. The rest is finished but still needs to be tested and calibrated, I'm curious. I chose this printer because I wanted to work a lot with ABS. So now i look around a bit in this area.

Welcome Rennie. The perfect printer for printing ABS. Klicky is a great replacement for the Omron Probe. Another alternative is the Euclid probe. Same principle as Klicky but with a smaller footprint.

Edited by mvdveer

Welcome to the forums!

Definitely replace the inductive probe with Klicky! I built my Trident and the Omron lasted just long enough to get the printer running and print up Klicky parts. It's now in the spares bin. I love how Kilcky works and adding the protoloft z-calibration for auto-Z offset calculation is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, it's definitely a very friendly and welcoming community. I would certainly second the klicky probe, it's one of the additions I plan for my current V0 build.