Greetings from Scotland

smirk

Hi Everyone,

I was going to open with something positive sic "young dynamic IT professional" but then I looked in the mirror and realised that grumpy old tramp was actually me. Thirty+ years in IT don't seem to have dulled my interest in tinkering and trying things (although I probably mutter and curse more than I did). I have two V0.1 (only one built, as I'm lazy and easily distracted). The Vorons certainly are  not my first foray into 3D printing, and it's been long enough that I find I cannot actually remember when I started (which might just be a worrying sign) but I do remember the sense of absolute wonder as I watched my first printer produce some 20mm test piece.

Glad to be here!

Smirk

• Like 1

You feel old? I was marvelling at your speedy responses,  makes me need a nap 😀

As for Scotland, guess it depends on what you've heard? Despite the best efforts of the SNP to convince the world (and more importantly the local population) that Scotland is just like  Brigadoon ("Hoots!" "Och aye the noo"," tha Gàidhlig againn uile" etc), it's  probably like anywhere else: it's got good (bags of open space fabulous scenery, castles, history, mountains, a few of the best universities in the world,you name it) and the bad (third-world road-network;  terrible public transport;  ironically a  terrible education system; highest drug-related deaths in the UK;  lowest mortality rate at birth; highest cancer, heart-disease, obesity, teenage/underage  pregnancy rates in the UK (possibly Western Europe, it varies); the majority of the poorest constituencies in the UK).

Seriously though,it is definitely worth a visit, just don't come for the cuisine food we gave the world the deep fried mars bar and pizza, as well as a so called "national dish" that is really a pile of offal stuffed into entrails (see obesity, heart-disease and low life expectancy).

• Like 1

Recently everything seems to be FatDragon parts, but generally odds'n'sods, mounts and cases for other projects. I don't print ornaments and"pretty things".  Although at this precise hour of night it's very unsuccessful configuration prints for the Voron. Trying to tune the flow rate using Andrew Ellis' guide, but I've come to the conclusion that my textured PEI sheet is rubbish. TBH I've never had much success with textured PEI on any printer so I'm not sure why I'm torturing myself. I'll just have to break out the smooth PEI.