Macro organisation/categories in Mainsail?

Buurman

Question

Is there any way to get your macros organised in Mainsail, like with a plugin, etc...?

Or only by creating menu stuff manually (havent tried it yet).

Example would be appreciated!

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Buurman said:

Is there any way to get your macros organised in Mainsail, like with a plugin, etc...?

Or only by creating menu stuff manually (havent tried it yet).

Example would be appreciated!

As far as I am aware you create groups in mainsail. In top right hand corner - click gear icon, choose expert mode and create the groups. Allocate the macro to the group you want. Close the group and create the second. Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a separate macros folder for my macros. In that folder every macro is it's own file so it's easy to find and make changes to a macro. Then you just put an include in your printer.cfg like - [include macros/*.cfg]
And also - like MVDeer posted - you can turn on expert mode and group your macros into sections. The cool thing about doing that also is - once you turn on the expert setting for macros - then you create groups - like - Filament for load and unload macros and MACHINE for things like Z-offset and probe-calibrate, etc. Then all of the macros that you don't want taking up screen real estate don't show unless you add them top a group.image.thumb.png.6f93581ba378716490caed0e14263a7e.png

Edited by midmadn