Morn'n all (voron2.4 @350)

Brett351

Just finished building a voron 2.4 @ 350mm.  Trying my best to do the whole build without ever going onto amazon and just comunity build mods.  So as of yesterday I can print (even with the cheapest v6 head I could buy)  now looking to see what is out there to improve on the super cheap parts I bought, and that can now reprint reliably myself.

Been playing with printers for a while, and decided that I needed something that is accurate and modifiable and most of all consistantly reliable.   I have however left myself in a position of trying to print everything before the cheap parts that I got printed in china delaminate.  

Having said all that, I can now that I have a new functioning printer get back to designing mods myself.  THere a re a couple things I would like to achive on this printer, but we shall see how it goes

Brett331

• Like 2

Okay so far has been a new holder for the filament, which has been done.  I will however say I am a little worried about if I am somehow a little slower than the average person, or when using the mount as remixed on here ...

I end up with a massive missalignment between the top of the filament and the intake of the bowden. Having said that, I do like the bracket, it works as designed well.   As space is not an issue for me, I will more than likely remix the bracket so the spool sits a lot higher and the pickup is from the bottom not the top of the spool. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:00 PM, Brett351 said:

I end up with a massive missalignment between the top of the filament and the intake of the bowden. Having said that, I do like the bracket, it works as designed well.   As space is not an issue for me, I will more than likely remix the bracket so the spool sits a lot higher and the pickup is from the bottom not the top of the spool. 

Thanks for the feedback! I actually built an extended bowden tube holder based on the original Voron design. I'll see if I can dig up the file from my machine and get it added to the STL file list for the spool holder.