G'day

awolf_alone

G'day Team FDM,

I join you from Australia. Currently in waiting to build a Trident and a V2.4 (stuck in PRC), a Formbot and an LDO kit. Currently mucking around and learning with a brutalised Ender 3 V2. Lot's to learn. A bit of fun. Plenty of frustration. Hoping for success.

Cheers,

• Like 3

hi @awolf_alone and welcome aboard . The build process is really satisfying and the resulting piece is stunning 🤩 It's challenging and rewarding; I'm sure you'll love it. I got a kit from Formbot and I liked it alot. How long ago did you order? mine was shipped 4 days after order back in january.  Cheers.

On 4/6/2022 at 9:02 AM, Simon2.4 said:

hi @awolf_alone and welcome aboard . The build process is really satisfying and the resulting piece is stunning 🤩 It's challenging and rewarding; I'm sure you'll love it. I got a kit from Formbot and I liked it alot. How long ago did you order? mine was shipped 4 days after order back in january.  Cheers.

I'm very keen for the build. I had a LDO 2.4 kit on preorder, but with all the delays on the 350 units, thought I'd try my luck with a Formbot Trident in the meantime - hopefully quicker to arrive. It took about one week to be dispatched, but that is understandable given current lockdowns in PRC. Should hopefully be here next week. Only downside is they were unable to supply a Pi unit, but refunded me the difference. I have spares anyhow. Also was able to source the functional parts from a local guy so ready to go. I also hear the Trident is an easier build and probably a good one to do before the 2.4. 

Thanks @claudermilk and @Demosth for the welcome 🙂. I've had a poke around and lots of good info on here, will be most helpful no doubt.

• Like 2