Rapid revo

Pappy3831

Has anybody checked out the new v6 rapid revo hot end?  I’ve got the dragon high flow and my kit also came with the v6. Figured I’ll build both so I can switch if I want if it doesn’t look like it’s going to be a pain. But the nozzle change on the revo really looks beneficial to me. Any opinions would be great to hear. 

• Like 1

I'm running a Revo Micro in my Trident. I like it, though my other experience has just been with the Prusa Mini hotend, which I haven't touched as far as nozzle swaps.

The Revo nozzle swap is stupidly easy. You do it cool, and it just spins out, then spins in. Easy peasy. The heat break is integrated with the nozzle, so it's one solid, smooth path from the top of the cold end cooling fons through to the nozzle. It's not a high flow hot end though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ismart2k said:

Already purchased the Revo kit for my other printers and waiting to get the Voron version currently no one has the kit got the complete set for the Voron but I cannot find the right MOD to install it on my Voron 2.4

I got into the Stealthburner beta because of the Revo. There is a mount for it there. BUT! There is now a Revo Micro toolhead for the V2.4 https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2/tree/V2.4r2/STLs/Gantry/X_Axis/X_Carriage/Printheads/E3D_Revo_Micro

I thought it was supposed to be a direct swap for the v6. Not at that point yet. Only reason I got the dragon high flow was just in case. May have to ponder this a bit. Thanks for the input. I like the easy nozzle swap. It’s a pain swapping nozzles on my Ender.  That’s what got me thinking about it. 

There are two versions. The Revo V6 is a direct swap to the V6. The Micro is smaller and meant more for new builds or conversions. Since I have a new build (and SB beta had the mount), I went with the Micro. 

...which of course means that @ismart2k should be able to use the V6 mounts for the Revo V6. I had Micro in my head since that's what I'm using.