Mounting a filament drier

I'm thinking abount mounting a filament drier on top of the printer, I want to print nylon and already use a lot of TPU but I don't print loads so spools often sit around for months at a time, I'm really stuck for space so building up makes sense.

The plan is to make a raised base from 2020 rails so the weight is supported by the frame and not the panels, something dual spool, like a Eibos Cyclops size.

If it was a bed slinger I wouldnt even concider it, but he printer is on a pretty sturdy base already, so I'm not overly worried about the change in the center of gravity, plus I don't go for max speed or anything like that, but didnt know if the extra weight on top would really affect the prints in anyway?

I mean would it really be that different from a MCU or tool changer.

Has anyone done anything similar?

I'm going sit my Sunlu on top of the panel, the panel is more than strong enough to support the weight of the dryer.

I've push a piece of bowden tube into the dryer outlet so that it can go straight into the SFS that I've got mounted on the upper frame rail.

• Like 2